I've just discovered pesto!

Options
caddir
caddir Posts: 150 Member
In the supermarket I discovered a low fat pesto. I checked it for sugars and other nasties and thought it would make a good pasta addition. It did! I really liked it so tried it in a salad as a dressing and it was superb! I can recommend it.

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I like it on my sammiches instead of butter/margarine.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Yeah, pesto is amazing! There are actually a lot of different types of pesto you can try. I recently tried roasted red pepper pesto and it was pretty awesome. I love putting it on whatever protein I'm eating (chicken, shrimp, salmon, etc.) and it does indeed taste awesome in 'sammiches'!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,949 Member
    Options
    Low fat pesto's are really an oxymoron. Just use less and enjoy. Made a herb pesto the other day for the soup I made.
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Even more superb if you make it at home with fresh ingredients and extra virgin olive oil.
  • wackyncrazy1
    wackyncrazy1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Pesto on spaghetti squash is awesome.
  • mimikins2412
    mimikins2412 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Even more superb if you make it at home with fresh ingredients and extra virgin olive oil.

It is very simple to make as well as having a lot of flavour in a small amount. I like it on broccoli and cauliflower florets.

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I love pesto on pasta...and it doesn't take a large amount to make it yummy, so a regular pesto works just fine without adding ridiculous calories.
  • Nonya81
    Nonya81 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Try it with chicken breast and bake it in the oven. so good
  • DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    Options

Yes! Love doing that. Also good mixed with a bit of mayonnaise on whatever you put mayonnaise on.
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    DaFibble wrote: »

Yes! Love doing that. Also good mixed with a bit of mayonnaise on whatever you put mayonnaise on.

Pesto mayonnaise is sooooo good! Or mixed in with sour cream on a baked potato!
  • KnowYourWhyDave
    KnowYourWhyDave Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Grew my own basil. Had so much that made my own pesto with all the delicious fresh basil. Amazing. Can't wait to grow more in a month or so.
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm....pesto.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Low fat pesto's are really an oxymoron. Just use less and enjoy. Made a herb pesto the other day for the soup I made.

Truth.

I'm sort of regretting passing up the pesto at Costco today. It's amazing baked on chicken topped with some fresh grated Parmesan the last few minutes. NOM!