New guy looking to lose some weight.

Options
Hi I'm Brian and this site looks to be a very useful tool. I'm looking to lose 30 pounds. I'm a war vet that went through 3 tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. I let myself go and gained a lot of weight after I got out of the Army. Now that I've cleared some of the cobwebs out of my head I'm ready to get back into the game, and get back into fighting shape.

Replies

• stimp82
    stimp82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Brian and this site looks to be a very useful tool. I'm looking to lose 30 pounds. I'm a war vet that went through 3 tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. I let myself go and gained a lot of weight after I got out of the Army. Now that I've cleared some of the cobwebs out of my head I'm ready to get back into the game, and get back into fighting shape.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

We all :heart: our soldiers!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • slvrcavchick03
    Options
    Welcome, I see you are from MI..Rock on Mitten. :) I'm from Farmington Hills, MI. It's about an hour outside of the D.

Just have to say this..
    THANK YOU!!
    That is for going over there, not once but three times to make sure that other people who don't have the means to protect themselves are protected and are given a choice.

What branch of the Military were you in?

This site is AMAZING! I started about a month ago, but just recently started utilizing the site and I have already lost two lbs.
    I am sure you will find it extremely helpful. There are so many tools and there is ALWAYS someone who knows what you are going through and can answer any questions you can come up with.

Best of luck!!

Sarah
  • slvrcavchick03
    Options
    Just ready, Army..never mind about that question about what branch..haha!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hey Brian....welcome to MFP! Good folks here....:drinker:

Thank you for all you've done for all of us ...it's truly appreciated more than you guys could possibly even know!!!:smooched:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Welcome to the site man. Great group of motivators here. I appreciate everything you have done for us. Hopefully we can in some small way try to return the favor. Good luck! and let us know if you need anything.

:bigsmile:
  • melissa91971
    Options
    Just a simple Thanks to you... And hello.

You are in the right place.

~Mel
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    WELCOME and best wishes! This is an amazing site, I have done wonders in the few months since I have joined... Not only are the food and exercise journals essential "keep you in line" tools, but the community support is AWESOME!! I hope you are doing well in your new found civilian life and that your road to "healthy" is a great one, but as a NAVY brat let me say THANK YOU for all you did to serve our wonderful country!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hi Brian!

Welcome and best of luck to you!

I am sure you will find this site and the people on it to be very helpful!

Let me know if I can do anything and thank you for all you have sacrificed!

-Tami
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I echo the sentiments of everyone else when I say a big thank you to you. You did something I could never do, and I am so grateful for the service of you and our other service members. So glad to see that you came home safely all three times from your tours.

Welcome to MFP!

Laura
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Welcome and thank you for your service to our country! My nephew was in the NC Nat'l Guard and spent a year in Iraq. I remember he put on some weight after he got home, too! :laugh: This is a great site, and I'm sure you will find it very usual. Lots of great people here. Welcome home!:flowerforyou:

Bobbie
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hi Brian, welcome! I'm from Michigan too. You'll find this site and it's community to be very helpful and supportive. We wish you much success!
  • Kateeliz
    Kateeliz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Welcome :drinker:

Thank you for all you've done :)
    My husband is currently serving overseas.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Welcome. :flowerforyou:
  • jwinfield
    jwinfield Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Holler! Welcome to MFP or as I like to call it: your new addiction! (Trust me....its addicting! lol) :tongue: