Cheat meal?

Options
livv365
livv365 Posts: 59 Member
i had my first cheat meal last night in 10 weeks after loosing 18 pounds and now my stomach is bloated, feel sick and very tired. Is this normal? Everyone was telling me I should have a cheat meal every so often but if this is the way I'm going to feel afterwards can I just skip it and keep eating clean? Been told it's good for the metabolism and just psychology health when eating so clean. However I just didn't enjoy eating it or this feeling atm x

Replies

• kerryp4648
    Options
    Definitely!! I have a cheat meal once a week, usually a Friday. It makes me feel great and kills any cravings from during the week. Cheat meals are usually low in healthy vitamins to make you awake and energetic, so after 10 weeks your body probably just isn't used to the lack of nutrients. X
  • livv365
    Options
    kerryp4648 wrote: »
    Definitely!! I have a cheat meal once a week, usually a Friday. It makes me feel great and kills any cravings from during the week. Cheat meals are usually low in healthy vitamins to make you awake and energetic, so after 10 weeks your body probably just isn't used to the lack of nutrients. X

Thank you honey! I have never felt so bad! Lol I'll try it out! Thank you again xx
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    you do what you feel it's good to you, i don't do cheat meals but at the same time i wouldn't define my eating habits as clean either, there are a lot of people who enjoys to do cheat meals and that works for them but you don't have to do the same, i know a lot of people who don't eat mcdonalds and when they do it again they feel awful , i have not eaten in 5 month, went this week and felt perfectly fine
  • 505n8v
    505n8v Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat meals because of how that over indulgence feels. If I want a piece of cake, cookie, MCD burger, or whatever. I'll fit it into my daily meal plan.
  • DaveyNH
    DaveyNH Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Drinks lots of water to help flush out the excess sodium. A cheat meal is always optional. Mine are very much planned - I exercise more that day, drink excess water, and exercise the next day as well.

I just had a bar pizza last night and that'd exactly what I did. Ran 4 miles yesterday and ran 5 miles today, okus lots of water. I know I'm holding water but should be back to normal by Monday.
  • livv365
    Options
    Thank you everyone! So much! I went A 4 mile run today and then a walk tonight down the beach! My gym isn't open on a Sunday, so trying to get as much exercise in as possible! Thank you!❤️ xxx
  • holagatita
    holagatita Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I had a cheeseburger last night and sangria, it was amazing. One cheat meal a week won't kill you, just make sure you log it in and eat lighter the rest of the day.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I think it all really depends. If you're struggling to lose or maintain your weight, then a cheat meal may help shock the metabolism or make you feel a little more sane being able to indulge for once. That being said, they never really worked for me in the long run. At first they did, but then these cheat meals became binge meals, which then became binge days and so on. What may be a cheat meal for one person could vary incredibly for another, and mine were just getting ridiculously portioned and unhealthy, so I stopped and went back to moderation, which I have been much healthier and happier with!
  • CoconutLucy
    CoconutLucy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have to have a cheeseburger with French fries at least once a week. I'll go an entire day with barely eating so I can fit in my big meal. So I don't see it as a cheat meal since it fits within my calories.☺Sometimes I don't feel too great afterwards.... Worth it.
    So if its worth it to you than eat your "cheat meal." I love junky food (not fast food, just well made , deep fried, greasy food) so its worth it for me. And I've lost almost 20lbs since January so its not doing any harm to my weight loss
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    505n8v wrote: »
    I don't do cheat meals because of how that over indulgence feels. If I want a piece of cake, cookie, MCD burger, or whatever. I'll fit it into my daily meal plan.

same here, no cheats, I work what I want into the daily plan & eat around it. cheating got me here in the first place.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    505n8v wrote: »

This^^^. I don't know what it is, but whenever I hear the words "cheat meal" I get irritated. If you want something, just eat a regular portion of it and fit it into your calories. I just think that having a cheat meal is not a way to have a healthy relationship with food, but that's just me. I still eat what I love, but I make it work. I don't have cheat meals or days, and don't really feel the need to have them. If you just incorporate those foods into your diet in moderate amounts, you won't feel the need to binge on them once a week or "every so often" as you say.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I find it not only good for my metabolism, but for mi sanity! hAHAH It's nice to look forward to something
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of "cheat" meals. There is no cheating. You are eating food, your body knows it, you know it, it's not some magical thing that "doesn't count."

I'm also not a fan of any diet that is so restrictive that one can "cheat" it. Just look at your weekly numbers and call it good.
  • dalem48
    dalem48 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Not a fan of "cheat" meals. There is no cheating. You are eating food, your body knows it, you know it, it's not some magical thing that "doesn't count."

I'm also not a fan of any diet that is so restrictive that one can "cheat" it. Just look at your weekly numbers and call it good.

This exactly!