Anybody else not snacking?

Options
2»

Replies

• krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I snack at the end of my work day because I head straight to the gym for about an hour to ninety minutes before I head home for dinner. :) And that snack is usually half of a banana. But other than that, I fill my 'snack' cravings with hot tea. :)
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm a grazer... I'll spend 2 hours picking at my lunch while I'm at my desk at work. I like to have carrot sticks and things you can nibble on and eat with your fingers. It helps avoid snacking because I'm chewing on things but it's not an extra snack added in.. It'sstill the planned meal. I'll make a veg for dinner and eat it. And an hour later eat the protein, and then go back again for the other side dish. But if i'm running around busy, I have no trouble wolfing ever thing down and running out the door. I just don't find it as satiating. Yes, after dinner i like to snack.
  • hhnkhl
    hhnkhl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I snack on raw almonds..
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Snacking is not my natural tendency, but I don't get enough fat in my diet, so adding a piece of chocolate or cheese actually seems to help me lose weight.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Ill often skip dinner and just snack if I have cravings. I never really crave meals and tend to get all my micros in during breakfast and lunch
  • jackstraw67201
    jackstraw67201 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I snack a lot less now that I use mfp. If nothing else it made me aware of what and how much I was putting in my mouth.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I usually eat 5, sometimes 6 meals a day. 1-2 being either 'light' or more a 'snack' (a cheese stick, an apple, a yogurt, etc) Sometimes I can go entirely in between meals, other times I need a little something to tie me over to the next meal.
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Some days I eat snacks, some days I work and get too busy, and often end up waiting(endlessly) for dinner... I like having my snack here and there, because it keeps me satisfied, but also because if I go shopping, I can just go to the items I need and head out... If I have nothing in my stomach, I always want the junk food! For me, snacks work... Mainly because they give me just that extra feeling of satisfaction so I don't go and chow down a bunch of stuff I'll regret later... Plus fruit & string cheese & nuts(no matter how few), are totally yummy and worth it. :)
  • LokiDokiArtichoki
    LokiDokiArtichoki Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've started doing the same. I used to feel hungry all the time, but now that I'm eating healthier (more whole grains, fruits, and veggies and less processed stuff), I don't feel the urge to eat so much. I think it's the water/fiber filling me up. Plus, I'm definitely more aware of my eating, so I feel the need to choose better options when I eat. I'd rather wait an extra hour or two (and have a bottle of water or a cup of coffee to hold me over) and eat a larger meal with chicken, broccoli, and an apple vs. running to the quick-mart and grabbing a candy bar or bag of chips. The candy/chips might satisfy an emotional craving, but they aren't going satisfy my "real" hunger.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    I eat three times a day. I usually don't eat in between, though my third "meal" is later at night and very "snacking," a "fun food".

I know, eat three times a day, very 70s of me. ;)

I'm actually trying to incorporate a post workout meal (or snack), but I really naturally think in terms of 3 meals too. I'm just too tied to convention or something! ;-)
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 so can't really snack. Although, when I'm not being good I'm more of a binge eater than a snacker.