Losing Weight for My Health

Options
cladyw
cladyw Posts: 7 Member
I am really trying losing weight again for my health but I also want to prove to myself that I can set a weight lost goal and reach it. In the past I have lost weight but never the amount that I wanted to lose. Fifty pounds by age 50 didn't make it now I am on 60 lbs by again 60, I am starting off by trying 40 lbs July and after that I will work on the other 20 lbs. I still have a couple of years to reach my goal but I do not want to have to rush so I am giving myself plenty of time.

Replies

• Good luck. :) I'm sure you can do it!
  • cladyw
    Options
    I am going to give it my best.Thanks.
  • CarlaSEvans
    CarlaSEvans Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! stay true to yourself, and be positive! You got this! :D
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    It makes sense to break it down, even though you might have a long term target because it keeps it manageable and then you can focus better. Id break it down even shorter unto weekly, fortnightly or monthly chunks.

As a rough rule of thumb 1lb a week is reasonable or at least gives an idea that it wont happen overnight. Always keep your progress under review. I decied to lose weight for health reasons. You should also seriously consider the value of exercise for health as well.
  • GIJayne08
    Options
    Best wishes!! You can and will meet your weight loss goals!!
  • cladyw
    Options
    I am just getting into starting up my exercise again and I know it is very valuable and I lose the way it makes me feel. I use to get up every morning religiously and walk and riding my exercise bike..