I need some info on hcg

Options
jwsxs4
jwsxs4 Posts: 12 Member
A friend of mine (seriously- it IS a friend) drove an hour and a half today- one way- to pick up an hgc starter kit- she is convinced this is going to do the "trick" because a friend of hers lost 40lbs in a short period of time- I started to research it and found you start on a 500 A DAY calorie diet- HELLO!! Anyone is going to lose massive amounts of weight on 500 cals- what I have found is that it isn't what it's cracked up to be- but there is so many conflicting things written... has anyone tried it- what have you heard about it??

Replies

• Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've never even heard of it, but anything that even suggests eating only 500 calories a day is not healthy!
  • kristie778
    kristie778 Posts: 51
    Options
    HCG is not safe, because it can increase your risk for blood clots. I saw a patient in the hospital not too long ago that was admitted because she had a blood clot. These can be very dangerous because they can end up in your lungs (pulmonary embolism), which can be fatal, and can also cause a stroke. Not good. Oh, but she lost a lot of weight!! (but gained it all back before she even left the hospital.)
  • paulhood
    paulhood Posts: 30
    Options
    I hope this link works for you. There has been some chatter already on this subject if you want to read through some comments already made.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/239649-so-many-people-on-hcg

I think if I had a doctor that did the hcg plan where I am, I would have tried it. But now I've taken my money and spent it on a personal trainer and have dedicated the next year to getting to my goal weight. It's a long story on how I got to this point, but that's where I am.
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea on using the money for a personal trainer.

That's my next thing - to get an exercise program underway.
  • jwsxs4
    jwsxs4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thanks- i just watched the Dr Oz show on it- which only raised more questions- not abuot the weight loss but if the homone could help my endometriosis! Theoretically- you would think so... hhhmmmmmmm.....
  • Ktylerw
    Ktylerw Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine (seriously- it IS a friend) drove an hour and a half today- one way- to pick up an hgc starter kit- she is convinced this is going to do the "trick" because a friend of hers lost 40lbs in a short period of time- I started to research it and found you start on a 500 A DAY calorie diet- HELLO!! Anyone is going to lose massive amounts of weight on 500 cals- what I have found is that it isn't what it's cracked up to be- but there is so many conflicting things written... has anyone tried it- what have you heard about it??

i did HCG for 3 weeks, lost 12 lbs, gained it back in 3, lost all of my muscle, looked flabby all over. started working out again hard and have eaten right, lost close to 10 in about 11 days, but eating about 1200-1500 calories a day. you lose so much on hcg because you only eat 500 cal a day, its not bc of the hormone. it does work, but if you can do the same thing without putting something into ur body, why not do that?
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I also tried this HCG diet... well the first 10 days I followed exactly droppped a lb a day but felt hungry constantly... I was starving. The HCG did not help the hunger at all... then the rest of the diet I cheated... ate ice cream every day and other things and stayed around 750 calories and still lost 1 lb a day. Didn't follow the mainence face after at all and did only gain about 4 lbs back after.. But all in all I did lose muscle too. Supposeable with HCG you are only supposed to lose fat not muscle that's the miracle of it all. I've had several friends do it also and all even htose following it religiously have gained all or most of the weight back and said that they were miserable and would never do it again.

They actually had a story on our news the other day and an interview with a Dr. saying how unsafe it was and that it does absolutly nothing for weight loss that it's the 500 calories a day that makes you lose weight and that you are hurting yourself because your body will go into starvation mode. He was very upset that other DR.'s support this method without the proper research. there are no proven facts that state HCG works in that way. If you eat right tho and exercise you will lose it and keep it off!!