looking for some friends who are vegetarians or vegan

Options
2»

Replies

• emuchops
    emuchops Posts: 3
    Options
    Vegan here-I agree with Antahon-educate yourself on the crimes committed against animals in order to produce 'food' and other goods. If that doesn't motivate you, nothing will.
  • kmccann357
    kmccann357 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    New veggie here!
  • redskiednight
    redskiednight Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Vegan :) feel free to add me!
  • xiore
    xiore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian :) add me
  • tracedlines
    tracedlines Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I transitioned from veg to vegan a few months ago, feel free to add me!
  • SabrinaLovesPandora
    SabrinaLovesPandora Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm a vegetarian who also hopes to transition to vegan within the next year or so. Add me!!
  • fat2fitvegan
    fat2fitvegan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegan for almost 4 years! I eat a high carb low fat diet with as much raw as possible, and my diary is open to friends.
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have been vegan for 25 years ( since I was 17. I am 42 now). Vegan is a given for me. My weight and how much I eat vs how much I run a struggle. But back at working on those things.

For me it is amazing how much more profile beung vegan has gotten since the 1980's. And how many more choices we have for food esp at resturants but also in the store.
  • PaigeJay93
    PaigeJay93 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 8 years, but am now wanting to become a vegan, finding it hard because vegan's seem to get a harder time than vegetarians! I know I should not listen to anyone else and do what I believe, but its hard when people are criticizing you especially when they are friends and family :/
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Paige with me they just take more time to trust it but once they do it isn't that different than anything else.
  • CandiedCarrion
    CandiedCarrion Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for three years, though I did struggle with my decision not too long ago. I'll add you~!
  • caldrama
    caldrama Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have been a vegetarian for over twenty years. I'm trying to get more lean protein.
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    PaigeJay93 wrote: »
    ... finding it hard because vegan's seem to get a harder time than vegetarians! I know I should not listen to anyone else and do what I believe, but its hard when people are criticizing you especially when they are friends and family :/

This. This was something I struggled with even as a vegetarian. Even the ex-husband (who met and "befriended" me when I was vegetarian), became critical of it after we were married. It's not why he's an ex - but in hindsight it was certainly one of many small little red flags.

None of my family or friends were veggie (apart from a couple of online buddies). Between having to couch surf for a bit during and after the divorce (and recognizing that I needed to just be grateful that food was being offered, period), and having the continued questioning and sometimes mocking from friends and family - I finally got sick of feeling like an outsider, and embraced the omnivore thing even after I was back on my feet. It's been a little over 3 years since I went omni, and I'm just now ready to say screw it to peer pressure and go back veggie. From experience, it can be incredibly difficult socially, depending on what your environment is like. But, Now that I've fully seen that, I kind of feel like my choice now is being made with a better understanding of what I'm getting myself back in to.
  • toothpastekisses21
    toothpastekisses21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian and looking at slowly transitioning to vegan hopefully in the near future, also new to MFP and would love some more people to chat to feel free to add me!
  • geefunk76
    geefunk76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Pescetarian here!
  • ai071408
    ai071408 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been lacto-ovo vegetarian for 14 years now (since I was 8).