Here we go again ...

Options
It has been exactly 1 year since I last logged on and used MFP .
I have gained about 16 lbs since last year and I am so u happy . I guess it didn't really sink in u til my husband ( of 10 yrs) made a comment today .
Apparently I have just really let myself go :(
I am eager to lose this weight and be me ! Not for him . For me !
He is not supportive at all never really has been so he isn't gonna to help with this process .
I could really use some encouragement !

Replies

• CandiedCarrion
    CandiedCarrion Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about your husband, but I hope you can lose the weight you want! Good luck.
  • aurmston
    aurmston Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Glad you're doing it for yourself! That's step

Welcome back... stay positive, reach out, and think of where you hope to be. A lot of it is about control and motivation. For me, I started working on my food intake- making healthier choices while still enjoying what I like in moderation. I still eat pizza (homemade) 1-2 times a week, pasta once in a while, ice cream here and there, and chocolate everyday! MFP food diary helped soooo much. Then I picked up with exercise- Jillian Michael 30 day shred and (eventually) ripped in 30. Now that I'm almost 20 pounds down, I've taken on T25. And I love it, and myself!
  • tanyaotto
    tanyaotto Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of us here that have "been here, done that". You got this!
  • 10ecmuscle
    10ecmuscle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Get at it girl, nobody will take care of you. Like yourself.
  • JordanRay21
    JordanRay21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That must make it extremely difficult. Similar story in my case but reversed roles. I wanted to jump on the healthy track. It was not her lack of support but unhealthy habits that made me cave. But through my change I have created a change for her. And perhaps you can do the same for him as well. Don't lose faith. Welcome back and drown yourself in everyone's support here! You can do it! Feel free to add if you would like =)
  • DavidC1857
    DavidC1857 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I hope this doesn't sound snarky, but seriously, 16 pounds and he's making comments? Are you 4 feet tall?

Sure, you have a range you want to stay in and that's fine. If 16 is out of the range then you need to deal with it for your own satisfaction. But your husband seriously needs a good smack upside the head.
  • andreanichole82
    andreanichole82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.. I truly appreciate the kind words. I just have to find my motivation again. I was doing so good last year. When you wear scrubs everyday for work I guess you just get comfortable lol...
  • andreanichole82
    andreanichole82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    David- I'm 5'4" and 204 . I was 140 when we met 10 years ago before 3 c-sections. Not that it is any excuse. I am just comfortable I guess. I mean I'm a mom of 4 who works 55 hours a week and when I get home I usually cook a meal and help with homework etc. I had my routine down to a science last year . He is 6'5" and like 250 and to me he looks thin. Probably because he is a giant and I'm so short lol. His comments made sense- I wear scrubs everyday for work I throw my hair up and go. I guess he just wants " andrea " back .
    - Hell... I want me back too !!
    Your comment was not snarky at all . I love blunt !!!
  • ashliij
    ashliij Posts: 54
    Options
    That's harsh of him. I'm sorry that you have to deal with that.. everyone deserves a supportive partner!

You can do this with or without his help! We're all here to aid you and give tips, after all. Ultimately, you have to find the desire to get fit within yourself as you're the most reliable person at the end of the day. Just remember to find inspiration from the desire for self-fulfillment, not the happiness of others :)
  • 10ecmuscle
    10ecmuscle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I can tell you this, you do not have to have anyone motivate yourself, you are already doing that. Once you begin, go in with the attitude that you Can, and you will do it. Once you do this, you will then motivate others, and that is motivational in itself.