Finding it difficult to gain weight

Options
Hi all, ok so I'm new here so I'm looking for a little advice,
I'm eating quite a lot but still falling short of about 800cals p/d I work in quite an active job and burn off quite a lot which I guess explains my weight loss, any ideas on how I can get the extra 800cals p/d? I'm a vegatarian so no meat plz :smile: thank you

Replies

• carlyann110
    carlyann110 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ok get a salad from McDonald's ! Lol
  • josueg123
    josueg123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Being a vegetarian is going to make it much harder for you to be in a calorie surplus. Not a whole lot of vegan foods contain really high amounts of calories. If you're one of those vegetarians that's not against eating dairy, then that right there is your best bet. Drink milk, cheese, organic protein powder (if you're a member at Costco, Orgain is a really good affordable one), and yogurt. Any kind of nuts will helps also. Aside from that, the best I can offer you is to eat more food. Increase your portion size to help "expand" your stomach over time. Once that happens it will take more food to fill you up. Also eating about 6-8 small meals a day will help a ton. By small I mean around 500 calories or so in each meal.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    josueg123 wrote: »
    Being a vegetarian is going to make it much harder for you to be in a calorie surplus. Not a whole lot of vegan foods contain really high amounts of calories. .
    There's loads of high calorie vegan foods. I can easily hit over 2000 calories a day without trying. A couple of table spoons of peanut butter is near on 150/200 calories chuck that in a smoothie with a couple of bananas some over fruit and protein powder if you could easily hit 500 calories. Just foods like Pasta and rice put sauces on them. Some dressing with olive oil in on a salad which could easily add 100 calories to any dish. Nuts, beans, lentils tofu and the list goes on. Or just east some chocolate or Vegan ice cream

• murk01
    murk01 Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Options
    its not so hard to gain weight as a vegetarian, eat a lot of mixed nuts and fruits.
    oo @isulo_kura‌ .. looks like you beat me to it
  • belly325
    belly325 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Aww thanks that's helped me a lot :) ill try and add a smoothy with the suggested to my diet and c if that helps :) thanks again