What to cut out from your diet?

Options

Replies

• scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    What did you guys stop eating ? I cut out chocolate , crisps , ready meals , all sort of sweets!

I echo the just cut extra calories thing. But, when it comes to 'treat' food, cutting out multi-packs in favour of single serving packs is wise I think.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Drinking my calories (just full-sugar sodas and juices...I have alcohol once or twice a year, so that one didn't matter)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Nothing

How do you loose weight then?

eat less then you burn ..

CICO
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I cut nothing…

I just reduced my overall intake to where I am hitting my calorie/micro/macro target …

so I am still eating bagels, pasta, ice cream, etc…just less of it.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »
    I cut out additional calories that take me over my goal of 1480... Anything under that is fair game. There is no need to cut anything...
    I'm just worried that staying under my goal won't work if I eat junk food?

last time I checked eating ice cream does not nullify basic math and physics..

calorie deficit = weight loss

individual food choice does not matter.

what does matter is composition of overall diet and dosage of foods in said diet.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I cut out daily wine with dinner, bread, white potatoes, pasta
    I also changed how I make my morning coffee. I used to fill 1/3 of the cup with half and half and add a ton of sugar. (and have two servings) and now I use 2TB of half n half -- makes a huge difference.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Only thing I really stopped doing was having pudding every night, regardless of what else I'd eaten and whether I'd moved beyond walking between classes and catching the bus. It wasn't necessarily that pudding was the issue, it was the fact I didn't know how many calories I should be eating for my activity level, did not keep track of them during the day, and therefore was eating an extra 200 calories over my requirements through scoffing cake, ice cream and biscuits in the evenings.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Not a darn thing.
  • iamchuckbass78
    iamchuckbass78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    *cries*

This is next for me. I'm not losing at the rate I should be and I think my beloved Cabernet is the reason why. Not happy about it.

JoRumbles wrote: »
    Wine as an almost daily thing. I've cut it down to one night a week max at the moment as I just don't have room for a 300cal glass of wine (or likely 600 cal for 3/4 of a bottle!)

I gave up chocolate about 8 years ago as I had a binge problem with it.

Other than that, since I am on 1,200 cals a day I do mostly stick to healthy homemade food as in order to eat a decent amount 3 meals a day I can't really fit in takeaways very often. But its not a "never".

• samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    What did you guys stop eating ? I cut out chocolate , crisps , ready meals , all sort of sweets!

I cut nothing out, but I did find healthier, less processed foods filled me up more and "cost" me fewer calories. Eating these foods more made it very easy to stick to my calorie goal, and also very easy to have "room" in that goal for some treats.

I still go to KFC, I still eat crisps, I still have biscuits...

All I do is make sure I can "afford" them. Which usually means salad for lunch instead of a sandwich, porridge for breakfast instead of bacon and eggs etc.

• samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    i cut out laziness and excuses, its worked wonders!

I found laziness was a virtue at times.

Late night snacking. I fancy some biscuits. Can I be bothered to go get them? Nah!
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    for right now, i have cut sugar, corn & soy (due to allergy) and dairy. i plan to incorporate dairy again after i lose the bulk of my weight. honestly i think you probably don't have to cut anything in particular if you want to lose, as long as your calorie intake is low. i just choose to cut these particular foods to help me kick-start my loss.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Didn't cut anything out, just trimmed down my portion sizes on most things.
  • Swiftkidd
    Swiftkidd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I cut out additional calories that take me over my goal of 1480... Anything under that is fair game. There is no need to cut anything...

I find it more practical to drop processed foods altogether as often they're low in nutrition and high in calories so the portion sizes have to be pretty miniscule to fit within my macros requiring an unrealistic amount of self discipline.. when I want something sweet I just have a fruit salad or snack on trail mix
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Swiftkidd wrote: »

I find it more practical to drop processed foods altogether as often they're low in nutrition and high in calories so the portion sizes have to be pretty miniscule to fit within my macros requiring an unrealistic amount of self discipline.. when I want something sweet I just have a fruit salad or snack on trail mix

what is your definition of processed?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating too much food. I didn't cut out anything other than quantity.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

Definitely less of the things you mentioned. I rarely ate prepackaged meals anyway, but I cut back on sweets and crisps (or chips as we call them here) and beer. I'm also working on lowering the amoung of fat in my meals. Fat is a problem area for me.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut out anything. I just keep track of my calories and go from there.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    What to cut out from your diet? Nothing that you don't plan on ditching for the rest of your life.

As others have said - you don't have to cut anything out, just stay within calorie goals. It really is that simple.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The only thing I cut was anything with loads of and excessive amounts of sodium like processed foods (frozen meals, etc..)

I hope I do not get a hard time for trying to prepare my food with less sodium... LOL

I actually eat more desserts, ice cream, homemade meals, etc.. but I now cook (full time) and I actually enjoy more foods than I did before.

Edited to add: I still eat chocolate of course...