what do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon(ish) of peanut butter on low calorie wheat bread almost every single week day morning.
  • tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    normally bacon or pork belly and eggs over medium (cooked in the pork fat).

or kale & fried eggs hollandaise (made with pastured butter and coconut cream).

my new fave is sliced smoked coho salmon with crème fraîche and blueberries.

and always bulletproof tea (roiboos chai or roastaroma with a tbs or 2 of spiced ghee).

i love breakfast !
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    protein shake, RX meds, and coffee. I don't have time to mess with it and plus I feel gross in the AM.
  • erebass
    erebass Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal most mornings, but I love salmon patties!!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    My hats off to anyone that eats oatmeal! We tried it several ways... overnight oats, steel cut, rolled.. and my husband made me throw it out and has banned it from the house..

We now stick to yogurt, eggs and Canadian bacon, cheese, fruit, nuts, peanut butter (and kale was not a big winner in our house either)..

I guess we eat everything except oatmeal and kale.... LOL
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    today I had a toasted wheat smart pocket with two tablespoons of smoked salmon cream cheese and tomato slices with cracked black pepper. usually i have yogurt but this was a delicious alternative (and only 180 calories, 6 grams of fat, 25 carbs. If you want to up the calories, it would be great with an runny egg!)
  • SofieGetsFit
    SofieGetsFit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Weekdays is usually porridge oats with 1 tbsp milled flaxseed, made with coconut milk and topped with either berries or banana and maybe a dollop of natural peanut butter. Otherwise I might have a protein shake/smoothie.

At the weekends I usually have some sort of eggs with avocado! It's the best!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I envy people who can get by with a small break fast. I wish I could - would definitely be easier on my calories!

My typical 8am - 11am
    -Overnight oats made with 40g oats, 20g chocolate protein powder, 100g frozen berries & 1/4 c almond milk
    - 1 apple
    - 1 banana
    - 1orange
    - 300g assorted veggies
    - 1 hard boiled egg
    - coffee
    - tea

And then I eat lunch and I'm STILL hungry... I wish I knew how that was even possible.
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Southwestern egg beaters 1/2 cup..first I cut up 3 ounces ham steak and crisp it in a frying pan w some Pam, then throw in some pre sauteed spinach,onion, orange pepper. I then cook the egg beaters and throw on a slice of American cheese and dice up fresh tomatoe on it. Occasionally oatmeal or cereal. I prefer protein though. It seems to last me longer.
  • stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    One farm fresh egg, 1/3rd cup liquid egg whites "fried" in non stick spray. Sometimes with a slice of dry 7 sprouted grains toast.
  • haysavam
    haysavam Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Dannon light and fit greek yogurt. 80 cal and some fruit. :smile:
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have an Ezekiel cinnamon raisin english muffin with peanut butter. I eat it in the car on the way to work every morning. It keeps me full until lunch.
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in love with overnight oats lately because I can make them in big batches and portion them out for my fiancee and I to have for the week. It would be perfect for you OP if you are short on time in the morning. I mix whey protein with mine to keep me satisfied longer until my morning snacktime. I've been playing around with recipes, I wrote a lot of them down in my blog here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AmZam05/view/overnight-oats-recipes-i-love-732200

There's basic chocolate and vanilla, and some different ones like chocolate peanut butter and french toast. That needs updated because I've made several more since I wrote that. Once you get the basic recipe down for consistency the possibilities are literally endless.
  • ironangel250
    ironangel250 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal or oat bran with protein powder, cinnamon and some cut up fruit on top. This has been my breakfast for years and I never get tired of it
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    50g of 80 cal Fiber One chocolate cereal with 4oz of unsweetened almond milk (148 cals)
    Homemade egg white muffin (165 cals)
    14oz of coffee with 2oz of unsweetened almond milk (7.5 cals)
  • littlemissparisblues
    Options
    elias1609 wrote: »
    jddnw wrote: »
    3 scramble eggs, 3 strips of bacon, and an avocado.

Isn't bacon and sasuge bad for you? Or will it be ok for me to have it sometimes? Because i've been avoiding it.

No it's definitely loaded with protein and low carb..keeps you fuller longer!
  • Niff314
    Niff314 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Soylent.
  • COLTMUSCLE97
    COLTMUSCLE97 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    eggs and toast B)
  • tiffanycherie
    tiffanycherie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If I don't feel like cooking