123gorden
123gorden Posts: 10 Member
I need help to stay motivated and not to get stressed out and start eating

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    MFP is an absolutely fantastic tool for you to use to assist you with your healthy lifestyle. It is important though to see it as a 'tool' and not something that will do the work for you.

If you are truly determined and want this enough, you will find the dedication to make the most of this tool and get the most out of a newly found healthy lifestyle.

Wishing you the best of luck, give this 110% and you'll get the same in return!

Adam
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Stop blaming other things for your failure! Take responsibility for yourself and nothing can stop you.
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    MFP is most certainly a great tool to keep track of your intake, and even further it helps you determine how much you should eat to attain your goals. The most important thing (to me) was being honest with myself and try to be as accurate as possible. It gets easier the more you get used to it. Not logging something will not fool the scale...nor will this tool stop the triple bacon cheeseburger from passing your lips...that comes from you.
    Best of luck with your journey.
  • stenchdog4000
    stenchdog4000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The only thing to fail you is yourself. I spent years blaming everything under the sun for my weight ... apart from myself of course. I finally bit the bullet and accepted it was me that got me into this mess and nobody but me can get me out of it.
    Having friends and motivation is great but you can't rely on others to motivate you. If you can't keep yourself motivated then you will continue to fail. Hope that doesn't sound harsh, it wasn't meant to be. :smiley:
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Stop blaming other things for your failure! Take responsibility for yourself and nothing can stop you.

Blunt, but absolutely accurate. No one else failed you. MFP isn't going to do the work for you. It's just a really great way to track your meals, exercise, progress, and get *some* motivation to keep it up. But the vast amount of motivation has to come from within you.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    No site will work unless you're ready and willing to put in the work. It's all up to you. Good luck.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    People here while motivating & supporting cannot help you with stress eating & motivation. Ultimately you'll have to work on ways to get rid of stress other than eating & find the motivation within to want to lose weight.
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you can do this!
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have learned through this site, one very valuable thing, that I am my own worst enemy. That voice inside my head that tells me that I am not strong enough, don't have enough willpower or just don't have what it takes, is what de-motivates me. I have to recognize that voice in my head as my own internal bully and tell her to shut the hell up. Then, and only then, will you be successful in meeting your goals. Stand up for yourself in those stressful moments and refuse to be bullied into abandoning what is right and good for you.
  • salad_bar
    salad_bar Posts: 66 Member
    Options

This.

If you aren't willing to accept the responsibility for past failures, you won't be successful in the future.

YOU need to make the change. There will be times when people support you and times when people don't. It's only up to YOU.

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Funnily enough i was expecting an 18 year old with some sort of eating disorder.
    OP maybe you expect too much of an internet site and you need to take responsibility for yourself and your actions (as said by never2). MFP and the people here can advise and give you good information on how to lose, but unless you take this on board and commit to achieving a consistent calorie deficit then you wont lose. If you do, then you will lose 100%. The choice is yours.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    123gorden wrote: »
    123gorden wrote: »

You can do it......but you are not taking ownership, and

wyfail.gif
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    23266068_zpsghjhqhpr.jpg
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    So, the site is a great tool, but other sites are too. Try to stay married to the process for a few days....then a few days will turn into a few weeks. A little momentum can go a long way, but the tools are what you make of them. Good luck.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options

Exactly!!

Awesome!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Step 1. Make a list of five reasons why you want to lose weight. You can message me with the list if you like. I won't bother with step 2 until you finish step 1.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Any tool is only as good as the effort you put into it. In other words, it works if you do the work.

I know this sounds harsh, but you need to realize that you are responsible for what you do, and losing the weight is entirely up to you, whichever tools you use to do it.