Fast diet

Options
Hi there , just started tracking my diet/exercise on mfp while doing the 5:2 fast diet. Lost 2lbs 1st week and it stops me cheating on calorie intake. Anyone else doing the fast diet? Lets share tips for the fasting days!

Replies

• matyj75
    matyj75 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there. I started last week and I've lost 3lb. How are you finding it so far?
  • camie6
    camie6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it tomorrow and just doing research on it. I watched the BBC documentary and it is very interesting. My friends have been on the diet for several months and they all have had great results.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    What's the fast diet? I've never heard of it.
  • kezwbatay
    kezwbatay Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi there...re started it this week after a couple of hectic months! First day back at it today and so far so good. I normally make a low cal vegetable soup which keeps the hunger pangs away until dinner...good luck :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    What's the fast diet? I've never heard of it.

Different versions but 5:2 is eat maintenance 5 days a week and women eat 500 calories on 2 "fast" days a week. Other versions have eating "windows".....like 16:8. There would only be an 8 hour feeding window and an 16 hour fast.

I use 5:2. It was hard at first. But I found that planning what I'll eat on my 500 calorie days and logging my maintenance days helps. Skipping breakfast & a high fiber lunch (veggie soup...sounds good) help.
  • barthemma
    barthemma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    How are you all getting on with The Fast Diet? I am on my second week (4th fast) and its going really well, much better than I anticipated. I have lost 4 lbs since last week.