Replies

• MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    You're probably retaining some water from the over eating (not to mention the actual food). Give it 3 or so days and you'll be back where you were if not better.

I NEVER weigh the day after I have a "cheat" day. I always wait a couple days so I will know what I'm really working with.
  • wwickman
    wwickman Posts: 2
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Rashanti1 wrote: »
    The other week I went to my friend's house and had left over Lasagna with garlic bread plus 3 huge fajita burritos all in one day. I felt extremely bloated and my weight shot up 5 pounds. A few days of being back at my regular routine and I was back to my regular weight. You're fine. You got this.
    That day sounds delicious! <3

• dragon_sla
    dragon_sla Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So you had a bad day. WE ALL DO!!! Your only human!! It's the past move on and look at the future. Don't let it bring you down. Today is a new day! Get back in your routine and move on and look for the small changes. Be excited when you see them
  • wwickman
    wwickman Posts: 2
    Options
    This is what I learned from that. Can't change history! Move forward perhaps increasing your workout by a few min a day over the next week. Remember your frustration this time and recall it to feed your will power for the next time.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    It takes 3500 calories over your maintenance to gain one pound of fat. It doesn't sound like you even came close to that so there's not much to worry about. If you're seeing a gain on the scale it's water and it'll disappear pretty quickly probably within the next day or two if you've gone back to your normal way of eating.

I'd be more concerned with the "I undid all of my hard work" attitude than the actual results of overeating one day. It's a dangerous attitude because for many people it leads to "why am I bothering to do this?" and then to quitting. Parties and life happen. Feeling guilty about indulging every once in awhile is not constructive. After you reach your weight loss goal are you still planning to be so restrictive in your diet? If you're like most people, the answer to that is "no." So, in order to maintain your weight loss later you need to learn now how to handle situations where there's a lot of food and alcohol now.
  • JaimusWilliams
    JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    More than likely it's from water retention and the amount of salt etc you consumed compared to before. Days after a cheat day usually means a huge tip on the scale. Weigh yourself near the end of the week and it should be fine. I had two slices of pizza yesterday and I guarantee the scale isn't favorable hahahaha
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

2000 calories in one day is unlikely to be more than a few hundred over your maintenance. Think how bad that day could have been if hadn't been careful before!

She says 2000 over.

Ps OP im surprised MFP gives you a 2lb a week option considering you look pretty slim already.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    that one day of cheating might show up on the scale the next day (because of water retention and sodium, etc) but it won't stay there, and especially if you go back to your deficit and go back to the gym. That is always my motivation, How can I fix this? There's going to be days where you eat worse, life happens, it's what you do in the aftermath that makes you successful in this.