2 pounds?!?

Options
stefunnymariee
stefunnymariee Posts: 10 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been doing really well lately I've been eating the right amount of calories and exercising everyday and I lost 2 pounds this week so why did one cheat day mess that up and make me gain back to the 2 pounds?!

Replies

• Kcrr1981
    Kcrr1981 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me today also!! =(
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's water weight. Very common to retain a couple of pounds of water after a cheat day. Try to ignore it and keep going!
  • ericaeast92
    ericaeast92 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate over 7000 calories it is not fat. Drink a lot of water. Excess carbs and salt cause temporary water gain.
  • BCUONZO
    BCUONZO Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Its most likely bloat from the cheat meal. Don't panic to much like ericaeast92 said just drink your water and keep moving. Your body will level out in the next day or two.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It's water weight, don't worry. Just drink a lot of water and it'll flush out.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Sodium.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    This goes both ways. To have really "lost" 2 pounds you would have had to eat 7000 calories UNDER maintenance. Over a week that's 1000 under maintenance a day. For me, personally, with a maintenance of 1700, that is virtually impossible and unhealthy.

Same for gaining, you didn't eat 7000 calories over maintenance in one day (at least I doubt it) so this is almost for certain water weight from high sodium content in your foods.

Good luck on your journey, don't get discouraged... keep on the right track and the weight will continue to come off.