Always feel cold when losing weight :(

Options
Does anyone else always struggle to maintain a decent body heat when losing weight. I attribute it to the lack of calories and my body burning every last one. I'm wrapped up in a nightie, dressing gown AND slanket and I'm still freezing!

Boo!

Replies

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Same here. I'm currently sitting in a hoodie with a blanket and still cold. I'll be exercising soon. That should warm me up.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Same here. I'm currently sitting in a hoodie with a blanket and still cold. I'll be exercising soon. That should warm me up.

I'm never cold when I'm fat. I go the other way and have hot flushes hahahaha!
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I also feel extra warm when I have more weight on..except for my hands. My hands are always cold.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I wish I were cold. It's only getting hotter and hotter here. :disappointed:
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Now that I am down to my goal weight, yes, I am cold more often. I now keep a heater in my bathroom so when I get home, I go potty and turn on the heater until I warm up. Then I am ok for a while. I never thought that I would look forward to SE Texas 100 degree heat summers!
    Options

I'll swap you. I could do with some heat!!!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »

I'll swap you. I could do with some heat!!!
    Ha! Someone I knew online once told me how lucky I was to live in Texas for the summer weather. She had a trip to Austin or something one weekend and the first thing she said messaged me was "IT'S SO HOT!"

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Yes. I used to be hot all the time or at least warm. Now I am freezing all the time. I sit in my fleece jacket half the time at work.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    i will jump on the ' its freezing in here' bandwagon! LOL

on the flip side, the temp feels PERFECT in my grandfathers house now LOLOLOL
  • orlandodenise
    orlandodenise Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yep same ! In fact this winter in the UK hasnt been " too bad " but ive never felt colder ! Its been awful - just cant wait for the sun. I'm in Florida in 3 weeks so hopefully get some nice rays! I wonder if its an age thing being 50 this year plus losing 115 pounds :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Our summer has just finished :( I'm sitting outside right now with goosebumples and it's 18 celcius!
    I used to have 2 shihtzus, one was overweight and her sister was the perfect weight, tubbalard was always lying on the cool tiles panting and normal weight girl was shivering as soon as the sun went down!
  • cutec527
    cutec527 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    same here always cold even in Arizona ... but I am also on blood thinners so between the two I think it's normal
  • lawnis04
    lawnis04 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Coldness can be for two reasons that I know of (there could be more). It can be as simple as not having as much body fat to insulate you, so you feel the cold more easily than before. But if being cold is accompanied by blue fingernails, it could be an iron or b12 deficiency or something else like that.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Yep; I've noticed that I'm much colder when my weight is down than when I have a blanket of fat covering me! I wear layers year round, and from late Autumn- early Spring I live in my hooded Onesie!
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Soooooo glad you posted this... I have had cold hands like everyday! I know part of it if my office but not all of it- and I am NOT used to being cold- have always been the opposite..... startin to think I need to bring in a sweater even though it is 85 outside now
  • norie92
    norie92 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I always just take a hot shower when I'm cold or a cold shower when I'm hot. Beats the price of heating/cooling electricity costs.
    Options
    You are not alone! We should all hug for warmth! Ha ha
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Having lost almost 90 pound of insulation has made for a very cold winter for me! I told my husband I haven't been warm since last September. LOL! I have went from waking up in the middle of the night, soaking wet from sweating because I was so hot, even with a fan on high blowing directly on me, to buying an electric blanket so I don't freeze.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    yep....I hear ya.....I'm always cold....and the fact that I live in Canada doesn't help....I seem to have bad circulation in my hands and feet because they are always cold....I get cold in October and I'm cold until at least May here....winter is sooooooo long!!!:(
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    yep....I hear ya.....I'm always cold....and the fact that I live in Canada doesn't help....I seem to have bad circulation in my hands and feet because they are always cold....I get cold in October and I'm cold until at least May here....winter is sooooooo long!!!:(

Cold hands=warm heart :heart: :wink: