Meal prep

Options
I just started meal prepping, any good food ideas would be greatly appreciated! I did grilled chicken, roasted veggies, sweet potatoes, and brown rice this week.

Replies

• loxottica
    loxottica Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I loved salsa chicken over rice and shredded cooked cabbage. Grilled chicken in whole wheat pita or squirlly bread with lettuce tomato & ff chz. Chicken Salad. Ground turkey in corn tortilla shell with lettuce tomato & ff chz.... mmm tuna cakes...
  • loxottica
    loxottica Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes mixed with berries and ff greek yogurt
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs! I usually make 10 on Sundays - two every morning before my morning workout. Also makes a great afternoon snack.
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Ditto all above. I also prep out my chopped lettuce/spinach/kale mix every sunday for the next week. makes it easy to reach into the big container and pull out what I need for a salad. I also make things like roasts, whole chickens(or bone in chicken parts) on the weekend and either freeze the leftovers or repurpose them into new meals. (crock pot is my friend!) anything you can do to prep out your food for the week is always a good idea.
  • jwoods8706
    Options
    Okay awesome! Thank y'all so much!
  • LuckyStar813
    LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I usually food prep breakfast, lunch and snacks for the work week. This week I did 5 large salads, quinoa and baked chicken, breakfast no crust quiche of kale and red peppers (with english muffins), snack is cottage cheese and diced apple cups. I use mason jars and rubbermaid containers.

Soups are easy to make ahead and portion out.
  • kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Soups! I like to make a big pot of something every weekend and freeze half of it so I always have something homemade & healthy in the freezer. You can also do something in a crockpot during the week if you didn't have time over the weekend. Two of my favorite things to do are bean soup (with or without meat) or just throw some pork chops in with a bunch of salsa, onions, and garlic.
  • HeatherZousel
    HeatherZousel Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I brown 2 lbs of grassfed hamburger with taco seasoning then put it on salad all week for taco salads for lunch. Also boiled eggs. Lots of boiled eggs
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I've made a beef roast Sunday, sliced it and frozen for multiple meals. Then stew on Monday, soup on Tuesday.

http://www.beefinfo.org/?ID=17&ArticleID=37

I pick my vegetables based on what is on sale and in season.
  • jwoods8706
    Options
    I brown 2 lbs of grassfed hamburger with taco seasoning then put it on salad all week for taco salads for lunch. Also boiled eggs. Lots of boiled eggs

• jwoods8706
    Options
    What kind of stuff do you eat with that?
  • jwoods8706
    Options
    Do you use a shell or some kind of chips?
  • hmthomas317
    hmthomas317 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Food prep is great. I would suggest prepping snacks too. Like bagged grapes or cherry tomatoes. Anything that makes it easier to grab healthy and convenient instead of just convenient. That is always my biggest struggle.