Who knew pinto beans have so many calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I know, I almost died when I saw how many calories are actually in a bean burrito. Sheesh.
  • lisawinning4losing
    Options
    ashliij wrote: »
    Beans are pretty great, really, so long as you don't dress them up too much. I usually eat half a can of dark red kidney beans heated on the stove with garlic powder, cayenne, and wilted spinach (about three cups). I've eaten the whole can's worth some days, but most of the time I find it near impossible. Just enjoy that protein and don't worry about the calories :) it really isn't that bad, I think, if you make it a meal!

Oh wow, that sounds really good. And easy to make. I'll have to try that. Thanks for sharing!
  • lisawinning4losing
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh, by the way, white bean and kale soup is really good. Cook it in chicken or vegetable broth. First saute some chopped onion and carrot, and fresh garlic if you like, and add that to it. Yum yum. I made that once a few months ago. I should make it again.
  • clipartghost
    clipartghost Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind beans have so much fiber, much of which is insoluble, that they might have less calories than the label states (depending on the labeling regulations where you live)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Regardless, I seriously enjoyed my pinto beans! They helped me feel full nearly all day! I had to force myself to eat a balanced dinner because I simply wasn't hungry, but didn't want to starve myself.