Tmi question

Options

Replies

• samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    As my TOM now lasts about 9 days then yes - else I'd be out most of the month. Like others I might vary routine a little, or now push quite as hard, but I am there.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Yep! Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it eases pain or at least distracts me from it, and it really helps with mood symptoms, which I would say are my biggest concern. But I can also feel pretty fatigued so I try not to be hard on myself if I don't perform quite as well as usual (though other times I perform just fine once I get going).

Worth noting that I do not get horrible, can't stand up, shaking, pale, pass out after, need a prescription cramps like I did as a kid. If I did, then, no, I would not work out.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Always! I have even run 1/2 marathon during that time. Nothing changes for me.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Of course.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Mostly. I skip the one day that I have the worst cramping, and run the rest of the days. My pace usually gets slower, so I try not to do any intense workouts. Just get the miles in.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yes. While for GENERATIONS women were told not to, we now know it's fine. And as others have said, it does make you feel better.

Yoga instructors may still have you modify certain poses.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Mine only lasts for like three days. While flow is heavy and I'm crampy, like the first day or two, I like to rest. After that, good to go. I know they say exercise helps with cramps, but I usually just feel like resting during that time.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Always. For me it helps with the cramps and pain, and I feel a thousand times better afterward. I take less Advil these days for it than I used to.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am. Like what others have said, it helps with cramps.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I spend even more time at the gym or running during my wife's tom.
  • LITtlerMeCO
    LITtlerMeCO Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I spend even more time at the gym or running during my wife's tom.

Nice, I'm sure she appreciates it too. If she's anything like me I like a little alone time once a month.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Yes. I do what I feel up to. Most exercises I normally do are just fine during my period.
  • aprilh576
    aprilh576 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies... I just wanted to know.
  • aprilh576
    Options
    Another question could exercising and diet change your cycles or have 2 periods in one month?
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    aprilh576 wrote: »
    Another question could exercising and diet change your cycles or have 2 periods in one month?

All sorts of things can change when you change how you eat and your level of activity. A single month isn't usually enough to say what's going on, but I'd keep track of everything, and if you're concerned, check in with your doc. Dramatic weight loss can really lighten things up/change timing because hormones are more effective with less body mass to contend with.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    why is this a tmi question. Seriously. Body functions are natural.
  • aprilh576
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

I guess I been on too many mommy groups and you get chewed out for not labeling things like this. Lol.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

I guess I been on too many mommy groups and you get chewed out for not labeling things like this. Lol.

I see. That's kind of sad.
  • aprilh576
    Options

All sorts of things can change when you change how you eat and your level of activity. A single month isn't usually enough to say what's going on, but I'd keep track of everything, and if you're concerned, check in with your doc. Dramatic weight loss can really lighten things up/change timing because hormones are more effective with less body mass to contend with.

Thank you so much. Not too concerned yet but enough to ask questions.
  • aprilh576
    Options

I see. That's kind of sad.

It is but on the Internet you can never be too sure how people will act towards you.