How does the steps works?

Options
Dear all. All I know is to key in what I have eaten for the day and watch the diet constantly, but how does the apps know how many steps or walk have I taken to make up the daily required amount of exercise? Can anyone guide me? Thanks

Replies

• pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Following!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    You decide how active you are and it allows you to determine your activity level to calculate your food requirements. When in doubt, under estimate.
  • xalien96
    xalien96 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a pedometer that tells me how many steps I walked. You can download step counter apps on most smart phones. The thing is, you have to keep your phone with you at all times.
  • nosweat76
    Options
    I have a pedometer. Can I add my daily steps without using the ones online?
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    It doesn't know. You have to manually enter your exercise into MFP, regardless of the activity level/planned workouts you added when you set up your account.

Under "exercise" search for the type of exercise you did (e.g. walking) and enter the time you did it for. MFP knows your stats and should calculate roughly what you burned (although some people say it overestimates, so be careful!).

I believe there are devices that sync that MFP so that you don't have to do it manually, but I'm not personally familiar with them.
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    step counters like fitbit or a garmin synch with the MFP. Under setting allow the fitness device of your choice to be accessed by mfp.
  • ivtang
    ivtang Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for all of your advice. I'll try