60+ old woman trying to get healthier.

Options
Being overweight for years and trying to get to a healthier life. Have 2 foot surgeries in the last few years, and two hip replacements now I are walking more, counting those steps. Moving more, now I am ready to eat better. I am an impulse eater. Enjoy sweets, trying to get control of my cravings.

Replies

• Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! If you can, invest in a Fitbit. It's great for tracking your steps and it syncs with My fitmess pal. I have a sweet tooth too, hard to control, but we'll get there!
  • JudyKB41
    JudyKB41 Posts: 15
    Options
    Know how hard it is trying to get healthier. Had stopped coming in here to track but decided I needed accountability or would never get rid of this weight. So, here I am again. Bad knee makes it hard to exercise but have been walking more. Hope to talk with you again. It looks like the 65+groups have disappeared from here. And, we need the support of others in our age bracket to keep us inspired.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Congratulations to you for having the courage to lose weight and to work at improving your fitness. MyFitnessPal is a great tool, both the tracking and metrics tools and the social and encouragement aspects. Best of luck to you on your journey.