Lost 60 pounds (my goal)and gained 25 back..

Options
markjbruns
markjbruns Posts: 11 Member
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I logged all my food and went to the gym 4-5 times a week. Hit my goal in 7 months. I'm back here again to lose what I gained ;) I actually had a lot if fun losing the weight and gaining some muscle. I'm looking for some people to add for my next journey.

Replies

• jomarise
    jomarise Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I lost 50lbs and gained back 30 so am back on plan again now. Good luck to you. Feel free to add me.
  • dimitriosg2002
    dimitriosg2002 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    With you the best of luck, markjbruns! :wink:
  • markjbruns
    Options
    Thanks! Same to you!
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    we've all been there and done it. Out of interest, did you hit your goal and think to yourself "Yay - I did it!!!" ... and then slip back into old ways / stop logging etc ??

It goes to show that whilst a "diet" will provide temporary weight loss, the only way to keep it off is to stop dieting and permanently switch to a healthier lifestyle.

Good luck getting back there; you've done it once - you know you can do it again !! :-)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I was pretty much at goal, then I got pregnant. Ooops. So I'm losing baby weight again (third time lol). Obviously I like the challenge of weight loss while looking after children and having sleepless nights.
  • markjbruns
    Options
    butlersoft wrote: »
    we've all been there and done it. Out of interest, did you hit your goal and think to yourself "Yay - I did it!!!" ... and then slip back into old ways / stop logging etc ??

It goes to show that whilst a "diet" will provide temporary weight loss, the only way to keep it off is to stop dieting and permanently switch to a healthier lifestyle.

Good luck getting back there; you've done it once - you know you can do it again !! :-)
    Lol! I hit my goal and then went on a cruise for a week. I gained 9 pounds that turned into 25 by not logging. I still went to the gym 4-5 times a week but you can't burn what you eat at the gym. You just can't put it in you. Diet is everything in losing weight. I was fortunate enough to get the
    Flu 2 days ago, it fast tracked me within 15 pounds of my new goal. Lol, unfortunately I know it will come back but its fun to see the numbers.
  • markjbruns
    Options
    butlersoft wrote: »

Thanks also for the encouragement!

• molaufy
    molaufy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Consider watching the movie Fed Up. It's super eye opening and may be helpful in keeping your hard earned pound off. Welcome back!
  • markjbruns
    Options
    I was pretty much at goal, then I got pregnant. Ooops. So I'm losing baby weight again (third time lol). Obviously I like the challenge of weight loss while looking after children and having sleepless nights.

Sleep deprivation alone can make you gain and retain fat.
    You did it your first 2 babies you can do it again. Moms are tuff!
  • markjbruns
    Options
    jomarise wrote: »
    I lost 50lbs and gained back 30 so am back on plan again now. Good luck to you. Feel free to add me.

30 pounds.... No prob...we both can knock that out.
  • NicoleMartinelli8
    NicoleMartinelli8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can add me!