• mustangmama3
    mustangmama3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    OH honey, BRAG! WTG You did amazing!

• teeseeytopcat
    teeseeytopcat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello jemhh. Take a big bow .....congrats to you on your success!! Just curious ....do you still have sleep apnea? I was diagnosed w/ this 6 years ago & use a CPAP machine at night. I'm hoping once I lose another 30 pounds [have already dropped 30+] the sleep apnea will disappear. Thanks.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Hello jemhh. Take a big bow .....congrats to you on your success!! Just curious ....do you still have sleep apnea? I was diagnosed w/ this 6 years ago & use a CPAP machine at night. I'm hoping once I lose another 30 pounds [have already dropped 30+] the sleep apnea will disappear. Thanks.

I am picking up a home sleep test machine tomorrow so that I can re-test over the weekend. I haven't been using my CPAP regularly for a couple of months now. First because my dog chewed up the mask and then because I can't get the new mask adjusted so it doesn't randomly start whistling with an air leak in the middle of the night. My husband says that I am no longer snoring (phew) and I am no longer waking myself up gasping for breath so I'm hoping I do well enough on this sleep study to be officially done with it. I'll update as soon as I find out.

• fatkidonadiet
    fatkidonadiet Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Super!
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story. Great work!
  • fengkycar
    Options
    It's definitely the right time for you to post your success story! You look great! Well done.
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    wow we are almost the same start weight, I think I was that before my jaw surgery and it helped me lose some weight after that. I've lost a total of 13lbs now since 3rd of January so I'm hoping I get to where you were at 6 months, but I'm a real sucker to carbs! I have to have my rice, bread or pasta every day... I can't cut the carbs out I can only minimize it or I don't get full. I do too have PCOS and my family has diabetes history! I'm 36 and would really like to get down to 140-150 by June.

Do you think you cutting your carbs to just 1 serving a week really helped? I just cant imagine what my meal would be like since I don't usually really like a lot of veggies.

You just really inspired me having the same background and almost at same schedule so far. Thanks for sharing!
  • estherlion
    estherlion Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic!

Did you adjust your maintenance and weight loss calories down from what the calculators say due to your PCOS? It is so funny I read your post today, because I am apple shaped and just ordered Strong Curves for the lower body, and am working light weights on top to balance out my shape a bit.

Thanks for posting! I admire you so much!
  • jemhh
    Options
    estherlion wrote: »
    Wow! You look fantastic!

Did you adjust your maintenance and weight loss calories down from what the calculators say due to your PCOS? It is so funny I read your post today, because I am apple shaped and just ordered Strong Curves for the lower body, and am working light weights on top to balance out my shape a bit.

Thanks for posting! I admire you so much!

Thank you!

I have found that I maintain at around 2200 calories. I track using my TDEE. When I use the IIFYM.com calculator, I get 2257 so that's pretty accurate. Other calculators (scooby, etc.) give me 2350-2450. I ate at maintenance over the holidays. Now that I'm cutting again, I alternate high and low days, for an average of 1870/day. I am pretty active (weights 4x/wk and walking for 45+ minutes 4x/wk.) Keeping up my activity level seems to work better than calorie cutting for me.

• ruth14213
    ruth14213 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow what a great success story.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You look WONDERFUL!

Thank you for sharing your story.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Fantastic loss!!
  • loosinit42806
    loosinit42806 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    you look amazing~
  • jemhh
    Options
    Oh, thank you!

A couple of people asked me to update about my sleep apnea so I'll do that since this has been bumped. I did a home sleep study last month and my results came back as mild sleep apnea. That's a huge improvement. I still have the machine but will only use it when I feel I need it (generally if I have a stuffy nose.) I'm really happy with the results.
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You've done great!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    B)cheering_minions.gif
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I really enjoy reading everybody's success stories. They are so inspiring and fun so I thought I'd try my hand at one and holy cow this has been hard to write. The "don't brag" and "you're not there yet" thoughts are strong, is what I'm saying.

You so earned the right to "be proud" and "shout from the mountain top"!

Well done, and here's to your continued success!

• kodji67
    kodji67 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How inspirational! I have noticed that you give a lot of great advise in the forums. Thank you for passing on your wisdom, and for this great success story!
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    congratulations! you did such a great job! I find your post extremely helpful and inspiring and I hope to be able to write something a bit similar and a year's time :-)
  • hecste275
    hecste275 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look good and confident :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!