Is counting calories working 4 u?

Options

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,324 Member
    Options
    B)
    egorre wrote: »
    as long as you log absolutely everything you eat, yes. i've lost 100 lbs so far.

also if you excercise, MFP tends to overestimate calories burned so don't eat out your calories too much.

Great work!!!! cheering_minions.gif

• alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    24 pounds down in 2 months
  • jadezia
    jadezia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Started in early March, and I've lost almost nine pounds so far! I don't do a lot of exercise, so I attribute most my success to carefully counting calories. I've eaten at restaurants the past two nights, where its difficult to calculate calories, so I'm hoping that won't effect me too much. Definitely give it a try if you're considering losing weight. There's no crazy diet foods, and you get to pick what you eat, just pick at a healthier portion.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    43 pounds down since nye , it works!
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    The app hasn't lost a single pound for me. However it has provided an easy and convenient way to count calories. The actual weight loss is because I eat less.

Since starting MFP I have taken off 50 pounds in 8 months, 10 more to reach my initial goal.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm down 32lbs since January 5th, so it's absolutely working for me.
  • stw1974
    stw1974 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's working well for me. The main aspect is logging everything I eat shows me where I'm going wrong and makes me honest with myself.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    definitely!
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a pair of jeans today that I haven't worn in about 9 months. So yes. Counting calories is working for me.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    yes
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    It worked for losing and it works for maintaining.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The app helps me to understand. I relate the food I eat to my weight loss, and avoid calorie bombs.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Seems to.

If my conversion is right 70-90 pounds lost and recording what I ate was a big part.

Writing down that the kfc you just ate was 1200 cal plus what ever you had for breakfast and dinner on top of that is a bit of an eye opener
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Yes. It is the only thing that has worked for me.
  • rjsnau
    rjsnau Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have lost 15 pounds since New Years and am on the last belt hole on a belt that I have worn for almost 20 years. (Meaning I haven't been this small in 20 years) It works if you are accurate and log everything that you eat and have patience.
  • Bookwitch
    Bookwitch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting never worked for me. I count my carbs. I find that the difference between the calorie number and the carb number is so different, but if you look at the smaller number which would be the carb count then you are more apt to feel better about yourself then looking at the bigger number which is the calorie count. My dietician told me that if you keep track of the carbs, your calories will take care of themselves.
  • qwikstreet
    qwikstreet Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Only two weeks in and its working/educating. I am now more aware of my daily intake. Plus I use mapmyfitness to track my workout/activities. Both apps talk to each other and my calories adjust showing me how much I should eat to maintain/lose. The biggest eye opener is realizing how many calories a lot of my daily foods are. No longer do I sit at my desk and graze all day long unless I spent a few hours sweating it up at the gym or on the field.
  • hhnkhl
    hhnkhl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Whenever, I end up eating something out of my regular diet plan...I tack on 2000 calories just for the hell of it. This enables me to get back on track and try to becareful.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Counting and logging works perfect for me

I weigh EVERY solid food and measure EVERY liquid
    My weight loss in only 153 days is....
    I started at the first of October 2014.

76145189.png
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15 pounds in the last 6 weeks. I never could have done it on my own! I now have a much better idea of proper portion sizes and of how many calories are in different foods. No pop since I started and no more fast food. Okay, I did splurge last week and had Subway, but I got a kids meal with a 4 inch sub, fat free milk, and apple slices. About 350 calories. Yeah, Subway!