Please help by looking at my diary

Options

Replies

• amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You need to EAT!!! Especially since you are a male. More protein and more water!
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thank you all everyone for the advice I really appreciate. Just did my weigh in this week and only lost 3.1 pounds. total is now 179.2 My goal is to be around 155-165 and then at that point keep it there. thank you again for the help

God Bless

e15960429e2ef92fcdbc2faa7352d5fa.jpg

Only?

Holy hell man! That's not cool. You should be eating to sustain your body and lose in a healthy manner, which you're not doing. Dropping to your goal weight as fast as possible isn't going to do your body any favors.
    Ok, I'm glad someone else caught that too. That's extremely fast. What's the rush, speedracer?
  • Wreathy
    Wreathy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Your diary is quite concerning, as others have mentioned. If you are logging everything, you seem to be skipping meals here and there. That really won't help you in the long run - you'll be prone to more cravings. It looks like your sodium is too high also, in terms of what mfp has recommended. There's some really good advice and discussion in nutrition section as well - perhaps have a read through.
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Yep, eat some food. If you are logging properly, there is not enough nutritious food there. Get that soup maker out and start eating. :)
  • execrate2k15
    execrate2k15 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    173.6 on 3/24/2015 and I feel good :D Started on Jan 15th 2015 at 201 Pounds
  • execrate2k15
    Options
    The funny thing is is I am eating healthier now that I watching calories. The only thing that has changed is now I am eating more food and a larger variety of food just smaller proportions of it and I have changed some of the high cal foods for low cal foods. Like coke that has about 140-160 cal. for dr pepper that only has10 cal. oh and Lots more water 2-4 cups of water. As you can See now I am eating healthy. Or Ill at least say HEALTHIER
    Wreathy wrote: »
    Your diary is quite concerning, as others have mentioned. If you are logging everything, you seem to be skipping meals here and there. That really won't help you in the long run - you'll be prone to more cravings. It looks like your sodium is too high also, in terms of what mfp has recommended. There's some really good advice and discussion in nutrition section as well - perhaps have a read through.

• ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    OP, what is your height? I'm curious to find out because if your diary is accurate, you're eating half of what I do. I was eating at 1500 cal and felt weak after 4 days and couldn't continue exercising until I increased my intake. Now I'm at 2000 cals and feel that this is sustainable with my level of exercise.
  • execrate2k15
    Options
    Any clue on how to figure proper protein amount. To maintain? Thank you
    amberj32 wrote: »
    You need to EAT!!! Especially since you are a male. More protein and more water!

• ruggedshutter
    Options
    http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ This will tell you protein, fat and carbs
  • execrate2k15
    Options
    Thank you what a big help.
    http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ This will tell you protein, fat and carbs

• ruggedshutter
    Options
    no problem, I hope that it helped you decide on an ideal calorie goal too.
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    So OP, you may want to ignore the people telling you to eat more and countering with "but I'm eating healthy" (and no, that little even of good food is not healthy) you won't be able to ignore every single ounce that you put back on in 6 months to a year because what you're doing IS NOT SUSTAINABLE.
  • execrate2k15
    Options
    Ok I see protein part now Ill look in to a small protein supplement maybe like a 10g bar or something.
  • execrate2k15
    Options
    5 ft. 6 in.
    OP, what is your height? I'm curious to find out because if your diary is accurate, you're eating half of what I do. I was eating at 1500 cal and felt weak after 4 days and couldn't continue exercising until I increased my intake. Now I'm at 2000 cals and feel that this is sustainable with my level of exercise.

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Ok I see protein part now Ill look in to a small protein supplement maybe like a 10g bar or something.

Or try worrying about eating the proper amount of calories before you even bother with other macros.

I'm a 5'6" female and I eat around 1,800 calories on average and lose just fine.

EAT MORE FOOD. YOU'RE HURTING YOUR BODY.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    The funny thing is is I am eating healthier now that I watching calories. The only thing that has changed is now I am eating more food and a larger variety of food just smaller proportions of it and I have changed some of the high cal foods for low cal foods. Like coke that has about 140-160 cal. for dr pepper that only has10 cal. oh and Lots more water 2-4 cups of water. As you can See now I am eating healthy. Or Ill at least say HEALTHIER
    Wreathy wrote: »

NO. It's not healthier to starve yourself.
  • execrate2k15
    Options
    Ok. well I feel fine. I will Try to increase my cal. Intake to get closer to the 1,500 cal. mark. I have had a 300-500 cal. deficit daily. Ill try to close that gap some like 100-300 :)
  • krupskaya
    krupskaya Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Typical attention-seeking behaviour from someone with at least two or three eating disorders.

Sorry to be blunt, OP. But you're not going to find validation here. What you're doing is not healthy. And if you insist on continuing on that way, you're going to do serious long-term damage to yourself.

We can't stop you from harming yourself. But we're not going to pretend it's okay either.

This^^^

/thread
  • reachingforarainbow
    reachingforarainbow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    OP your intake looks pretty low, but a lot of your entries seem kind of off. Like deep fried homemade chicken drumstick 150 calories? and 7 oz pork loin thing 210 calorie. 7 oz of lean pork is more than that and then depending on how it was prepared. I dunno. And you might want to consume a bit more fruits and vegetables.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Ok. well I feel fine. I will Try to increase my cal. Intake to get closer to the 1,500 cal. mark. I have had a 300-500 cal. deficit daily. Ill try to close that gap some like 100-300 :)

No, MFP figures in your calorie deficit. You're eating BEYOND a healthy deficit.