Matefit tea vs. Tiny tea?

Options

Replies

• kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Neither tea will help with bloating. If you are bloating after eating you would probably be better off buying probiotics. Either in pill form or through yogurt or other dairy. If you go the yogurt/dairy route, make sure you look for the phrase "live active cultures" or all you are getting is a tasty, sugary snack.

The teas, well, from a medical standpoint- your best bet is to ditch them. Just because someone gave it to you doesn't mean you have to use it.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Drink more water maybe? Are you drinking the proper amount to stay hydrated and reduce water retention?

I find that when Im dealing with bloating, drinking more water helps tremendously.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    It looks like you don't know anything about the teas and why would you want to consume something you no nothing about..

Drink real tea, coffee, water. Bloating is caused many numerous amounts of things and drinking some "magic" tea hoping to alleviate this seems pointless. Consume something you enjoy unless it is already a bloating trigger..
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I find chocolate helps with bloating

well I'm not sure help is the appropriate word, but I only tend to bloat around my period, and chocolate on the sofa with a book and a blanket seems to make it feel a little better

:)

I read that while sitting on the sofa, first day of shark week, with chocolate. You're so right.

yup, now grab that blanket :)

I have cats on my feet, does that count? (I love that they think I'm being affectionate when I jam my feet under them)

cats count :grinning:

I have a fluffy dog myself who sneaks into the bend in my legs and rests his head on my thigh .. big baby
  • saruuhm
    saruuhm Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    It looks like you don't know anything about the teas and why would you want to consume something you no nothing about..

Drink real tea, coffee, water. Bloating is caused many numerous amounts of things and drinking some "magic" tea hoping to alleviate this seems pointless. Consume something you enjoy unless it is already a bloating trigger..

That would be why im posting a thread about it... To learn more about them and hear other people's reviews.
  • saruuhm
    Options
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    Drink more water maybe? Are you drinking the proper amount to stay hydrated and reduce water retention?

I find that when Im dealing with bloating, drinking more water helps tremendously.

I get atleast 8 cups a day no including what I drink at the gym. It's just when I wake up in the mornings, sometimes I feel super bloated.
  • saruuhm
    Options
    kramrn77 wrote: »
    Neither tea will help with bloating. If you are bloating after eating you would probably be better off buying probiotics. Either in pill form or through yogurt or other dairy. If you go the yogurt/dairy route, make sure you look for the phrase "live active cultures" or all you are getting is a tasty, sugary snack.

The teas, well, from a medical standpoint- your best bet is to ditch them. Just because someone gave it to you doesn't mean you have to use it.

Thank you!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • saruuhm
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Hey!
    So my friend gave me both of these tea toxes because she didn't use them. I've tried the bootea and I liked it but it really hurt my stomach. Has anyone tried the matefit metabolic boost/detox tea or tiny tea?
    Why are you drinking these teas? They are glorified laxatives.

If you want to lose weight eat less calories than you burn. If you want to raise your total daily energy expenditure (eat more while in a calorie deficit), add some exercise in.

Im not trying to lose weight. I strength train 6 times a week and burn plenty calories. I was wondering if these two teas helped others with bloating and feeling energized!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Never tried those teas, but my suspicion is that if one hurts your stomach, it probably has a laxative in it (even if it's a "natural" one), and should therefore only be used if you require a laxative.

ETA: I find when I'm having digestive issues, peppermint or ginger tea helps... I usually drink peppermint tea if I feel bloated and ginger tea if my stomach is otherwise upset. Either way, I enjoy the taste and find them soothing, which in turn soothes my stomach.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I find that peppermint tea helps my digestion and therefore can make me feel less bloated.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If you want an energizing tea, I’d try a yerba mate or guayusa tea, but note that they’re pretty high in caffeine I believe. Matcha (ground green tea) is also a great energizing tea. Teavana has both of these, if you’ve got one nearby.

As for bloating, I usually just mix a bit of peppermint/spearmint with dandelion root and leaf, and it works for me. For digestion, ginger tea is just amazing. I boil some root for about 5-10 minutes, add lemon and drink that up. It always works for me when the problem is an upset stomach or nausea.

I have mixed feelings about health food store boxed teas, just because most of them tend to make all sorts of weird claims and can be packed with pretty potent ingredients with all sorts of effects (e.g. laxative), some of which you may not want.

Anyway, I’m a huge tea nerd :smiley: . If I were you, I’d just find a milder tea that you like and go to town.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    They're both dumb and pointless. Put both in trash, eat less food. Problem solved.
  • saruuhm
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    If you want an energizing tea, I’d try a yerba mate or guayusa tea, but note that they’re pretty high in caffeine I believe. Matcha (ground green tea) is also a great energizing tea. Teavana has both of these, if you’ve got one nearby.

As for bloating, I usually just mix a bit of peppermint/spearmint with dandelion root and leaf, and it works for me. For digestion, ginger tea is just amazing. I boil some root for about 5-10 minutes, add lemon and drink that up. It always works for me when the problem is an upset stomach or nausea.

I have mixed feelings about health food store boxed teas, just because most of them tend to make all sorts of weird claims and can be packed with pretty potent ingredients with all sorts of effects (e.g. laxative), some of which you may not want.

Anyway, I’m a huge tea nerd :smiley: . If I were you, I’d just find a milder tea that you like and go to town.

Awesome! Im going to give that a try :) thanks so much
  • makethestarsdance
    Options
    Dear GOD why is everyone attacking you about this?? You just wanted to see if anyone has tried it yet. Good lord. You made it clear you're not using it for weight loss! *rolls eyes*

My friends and I ordered the 28 day "Detox" that comes with the Metabolic Boost Tea and the Detox tea. I'm only on day two, so I obviously don't know how it's working yet. But I'll come back and post more info when I know something. I also experience bloating in my stomach often.

Also I'm not doing the diet that they suggest doing along with it. I'm just drinking it along with my normally healthy foods. I am drinking the 64 ounces of water they recommend drinking along with the tea.

Hope I can be of some help! :)

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Dear GOD why is everyone attacking you about this?? You just wanted to see if anyone has tried it yet. Good lord. You made it clear you're not using it for weight loss! *rolls eyes*

My friends and I ordered the 28 day "Detox" that comes with the Metabolic Boost Tea and the Detox tea. I'm only on day two, so I obviously don't know how it's working yet. But I'll come back and post more info when I know something. I also experience bloating in my stomach often.

Also I'm not doing the diet that they suggest doing along with it. I'm just drinking it along with my normally healthy foods. I am drinking the 64 ounces of water they recommend drinking along with the tea.

I'm really curious as to what comments in this thread you saw as attacks. Disagreeing about the usefulness of "detox" tea isn't an attack. It's just a disagreement.
  • saruuhm
    Options
    They're both dumb and pointless. Put both in trash, eat less food. Problem solved.

Im not trying to lose weight

Thank you so much! Keep me updated :) and goodluck with your goals girl
  • burrida
    burrida Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have heard about both teas but have not heard about any results from them. If you are trying to relieve bloat im serious when I say do some yoga. It helps me with my bloat or a larger meal. I have not found anything that works better. Good luck to you and I hope you find some kind of solution and all these ppl that have to jump in and not give any positive feedback and always feel the need to be negative... Suck it!!!
  • saruuhm
    Options
    burrida wrote: »
    I have heard about both teas but have not heard about any results from them. If you are trying to relieve bloat im serious when I say do some yoga. It helps me with my bloat or a larger meal. I have not found anything that works better. Good luck to you and I hope you find some kind of solution and all these ppl that have to jump in and not give any positive feedback and always feel the need to be negative... Suck it!!!

That's a really good idea, I was doing a bit of yoga before just with ap on my phone, im going to try getting into it again :)

Thank you so much!

• LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    If you want to try the yoga, you should look on YouTube, there are some great free classes! Anything that focuses on twists will be great for digestion.