My 5k yesterday

Options
I signed up for my first 5k a month or so ago which was held yesterday. Wasn't sure how it would go since I got a nasty sinus cold and even missed work on Friday...plus the weather wasn't the best. But the race went on and so did I!

I was pleased when I checked the post race results to see my time of 29:08 for a 48th place finish overall. Then, much to my surprise I learned that I had finished 3rd for my female age group--so I even came home with a medal! With the weather and my cold, I'm sure I can improve on my time....yes, I'll be doing more 5k's! I'm hooked now!

I was in track in high school but did more field events than running events and have never thought of myself as a runner. But now, I've really grown to like it! It not only has helped me drop weight but it's also kind of a stress reliever for me.

If I can do a 5k, so can you!! Find the courage to sign up for your first one...you'll be glad you did!

Replies

• Choirgirl37
    Choirgirl37 Posts: 255
    Options
    WOW!!!! That's awesome!!!! I'm so proud for you. Display the medal with honor. I used to be on a track team too and I am now building up some indurance again using IFIT LIVE.

You must feel great.
  • teanabean
    teanabean Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    amazing!!!
  • biodeb
    biodeb Posts: 19
    Options
    What a great success story!! Good for you... I bet it was a lot of fun to bring that medal home! Keep up the strong work. :happy: Deborah
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well done :-)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Congrats, inspiring achievement!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!