The story behind your screen name....

Options
TannunisFred
TannunisFred Posts: 17 Member
I started a thread on my news line explaining how I had come up with Tannun as my user name. (it's from a character I used to play in Everquest an online game)

The response has been amazing.

I've had sweet stories like the Grandma who took the first 2 initials of her grandson and granddaughter to combine them and make her name.

The aunt who's niece spelled her name Anut one Xmas... so her name became A Nut *name*

There have been so many that also picked names from games we could form a guild and take over virtual worlds!

So what's your story... Funny, strange, weird, sweet...

Oh and we had one person who's name meant one thing, but the users in the thread came up with a better suggestion for what it should mean... Have you come across a username and thought it should stand for something, or wouldn't it be funny if it stood for this....

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I baptized Jesus and then the name kind of stuck around to my generation.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Chael is short for Michael
  • Jessica_L_E
    Jessica_L_E Posts: 1,969 Member
    Options
    Because I'm curvy and can get a little sassy
  • TFG_em
    TFG_em Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    It is sort of an inside joke between my sister and I. It is an acronym we use to describe our diet fails; it stands for Typical Fat Girl. If one of us eats an entire pizza for dinner --- total TFG moment. O, and my first name is Emily "em".
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    My UN is derived from the heathen I'm tossing in the air in my profile pic. It's his name and numbers that may or may not be random.
  • Gar8815
    Gar8815 Posts: 39
    Options
    Its just my lack of creativity
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    I had a friend that always called me kinky when I was 16 or so, and slinky rhymes. Plus I really like the number 16. I've used this name since I was about 16
  • Megaaan_xo
    Megaaan_xo Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My friends think I look like Vanessa from The Little Mermaid, I'm brunette and I like mermaids..
  • SabrinaLovesPandora
    SabrinaLovesPandora Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well, my name is Sabrina. I have a cat named Pandora and I love her.

Bam

SabrinaLovesPandora

LOL. :p
  • misscollywobbles
    misscollywobbles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I like funny words.
  • rughead06
    rughead06 Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    had a high school class mate touch my curly hair once and said it felt a rug was on my head. So Rughead stuck.
  • Megaaan_xo
    Megaaan_xo Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    rughead06 wrote: »
    had a high school class mate touch my curly hair once and said it felt a rug was on my head. So Rughead stuck.

Best one I've heard
  • PaperSt
    PaperSt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I make handmade soap. In the movie, Fight Club, Tyler Durden (played by Brad Pitt) had a handmade soap company called, Paper Street Soap Company.
  • rughead06
    rughead06 Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    rughead06 wrote: »

Best one I've heard

yea it just sort of stuck with me.
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It's my graffiti tag name I from back in the 80s. and I just added the #1 to it. :)
  • Pammeycakes55
    Pammeycakes55 Posts: 108 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    A co-worker friend of mine always calls me Pammeycakes. and I was born in 55. :D
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Met a biker named Dan Grue in 1974 when I was incarcerated. He came to my aid when I needed it. His nickname was Road Dog. Lost track of him over the years, but took the name in memory of him.
  • AmberStarr_87
    AmberStarr_87 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    It's... My name. I am super lame.
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    It was my job title at the ranch where I worked, plus my name. For some reason, everybody back home thought the title "wrangler" was funny, so they'd tip imaginary cowboy hats and drawl "Wrangler Michelle!" at me like an Old West cowboy whenever they'd see me. They thought they were teasing me, but I actually loved it and use it as a screen name quite a bit.