In my sisters wedding!!!

Options
i need some motivation and tips my sister asked me today to be in her wedding! The engagement is short so I have 4 months!!! Help!

Replies

• efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You can accomplish a lot in 4 months. Break up your goals into small increments. Log EVERYTHING you eat and clamp down on a workout routine you can stick too. How much are you looking to lose?
  • emmas31020
    Options
    All together I want to lose 49 lbs but I don't have to lose all 49 by the wedding! I would be happy with 25 or so!! Unless people think it's possible to lose that much weight in a healthy way!?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose more than 2 lbs a week is generally not a very healthy or reasonable goal.

Here is a handy chart on what to set as a goal based on how much you have to lose:
    More than 75 lbs: 2 lbs/week
    40-75 lbs: 1.5 lbs/week
    10-40 lbs: 1 lb/week
    Less than 10 lbs: 0.5 lb/week
  • emmas31020
    Options
    Thank you :-) anything will help I don't want to do it unhealthy and I don't want to over do myself either! Any exercises that help burn fat well?
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Exercise will definitely help but, above all else, weigh everything that goes into your body. Eat foods that are nutrient dense but not calorie dense. Pick up an exercise that's something you enjoy and you will stick with. Set goals that are attainable and do them. Set your goal at either 1 lb / week or 1.5 lb / week and don't eat back your exercise calories. Don't go too low or you'll feel starved and won't do it. I actually have my goal at 1 lb / week but try not to eat my exercise calories (I do sometimes) and still lose about 1.5-2 lbs / week and feel full and satisfied most of the time. Twenty-five pounds is possible and you can definitely do it. Don't overdo yourself in the beginning because you'll burn out and do worse in the end. Remember, keep it sustainable. Weight loss requires dedication.
  • emmas31020
    Options
    I would be so upset if I ate back my work out calories! I dropped soda, I try not eating sweets (hard certain parts of the month) I've been counting calories and I can tell that I used to eat a ton more cuz now that I'm on my calories for my weight and height I seem more hungry but when I eat a little more then I should my tummy is getting full which is exciting that my stomach is getting smaller! I try and work out a lot more doing cardio. Also heard proteins are really good for weight loss? True?
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Are you picking out the dress or going somewhere where you have to order? Keep that in mind, too. Don't get ahead of yourself and order a size smaller. Alterations can be done! Protein will keep you fuller longer and fat will help with that, too. There's all sorts of options for both. If you do balanced meals with fat, protein and carbs you should be good to go.
  • jessicapk
    Options
    Proteins help you feel full and stay that way longer. Watch your fiber intake, as well. It does the same thing. Honestly, dropping soda was one of the best things I've ever done. But I'm one of those who simply cannot drink it in moderation.
  • jessicapk
    Options
    Don't ignore strength training. It's more work but a lot of results. Your clothes will fit better and you will actually burn more calories at the same weight. Remember, too, when you're doing cardio, work at higher intensities. Steady state cardio where you're hardly even out of breath doesn't benefit you as much. Push yourself. Do intervals (alternating higher and lower intensity, e.g. walk for a minute, run for 5) to help out, too.
  • jessicapk
    Options
    Are you picking out the dress or going somewhere where you have to order? Keep that in mind, too. Don't get ahead of yourself and order a size smaller. Alterations can be done! Protein will keep you fuller longer and fat will help with that, too. There's all sorts of options for both. If you do balanced meals with fat, protein and carbs you should be good to go.

Agreed!!! I've been there before. Order at the right size. It's a whole lot easier to alter a dress to make it smaller than larger. You just can't "make" more material where there is none.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Co-sign on some sort of strength training! And variable intensity cardio.

And in my opinion, in 'deadline' type situations I think it's okay to approach your goals on the slightly more aggressive side of reasonable. (Does that make sense?) So assuming 4 months/12 weeks, 25 lbs would be ~2 lbs a week but I say go for it. Just realize that you will most likely want to re-evaluate after the wedding.
  • emmas31020
    Options
    Thank you everyone all the info you have given has helped me a lot! Super excited about this! As for dresses it sounds like she wants to pick of a color and have us find our own dress that fits us the best! Which makes me happy cuz I have a bigger body then the other bridesmaids so I would hate to wear something that looks great on them and isn't flattering to me!