Enjoy a glass of Wine?

Options
2»

Replies

• slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Wine is good for you as long as you only drink 1 glass a day (who only wants one glass?)

What happens if you have two sometimes?
    The consequences don't bare thinking about. ;)
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Wine is good for you as long as you only drink 1 glass a day (who only wants one glass?)

If it's once in awhile I wouldn't worry about it, but if it's a daily occurance (multiple drinks a day) it could lead you to overeat as well as have long-term negative effects on your health.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    A glass of wine can be 80-120 calories per glass (not a full glass!) depending on the type you are having. If it fits into your daily limit there is no reason not to enjoy :)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

If it's once in awhile I wouldn't worry about it, but if it's a daily occurance (multiple drinks a day) it could lead you to overeat as well as have long-term negative effects on your health.

Multiple drinks a day, daily (or often) is a problem. I think this is different that saying you should only drink 1 glass a day, however. You could have two drinks on a Friday night, for example, and not drink again for days. I don't see how this would be a problem.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't be a problem. I'm saying that wine is actually good for you (1 glass a day for women, 2 glasses for men).
  • adcini
    adcini Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I insist on making room in my diet for things which I enjoy. Wine is one of them. So long as you partake responsibly and within your calorie limit, I don't see the problem with it. It's certainly easier to keep within your calorie limit when you allow yourself to have some of the things you enjoy!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Seriously find out what works for you. All my life I've been told you can't drink and loose weight... I started doing MFP about 5 weeks ago and every time I drink I log every single drink... turns out on the weeks I drink 3+ days that week I loose more (And I drink 4+ drinks a night) I'm doing a little experiment on my body right now and not drinking at all this week and then drink my usually 3+ nights next week and see what happens.
  • alexandrazzzz
    alexandrazzzz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Seriously find out what works for you. All my life I've been told you can't drink and loose weight... I started doing MFP about 5 weeks ago and every time I drink I log every single drink... turns out on the weeks I drink 3+ days that week I loose more (And I drink 4+ drinks a night) I'm doing a little experiment on my body right now and not drinking at all this week and then drink my usually 3+ nights next week and see what happens.

You are living it up girl!! WOW! Love it. I find I cant lose weight when drinking wine. Its not the calories, but how your body uses alcohol etc. Research it, its a whole process.
  • damcgriff
    damcgriff Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Good idea I'm going to try this as well and see how things turn Out. Thanks for feedback