Alli.. has anyone tried it?

Options
I've been considering getting started on Alli to help me get control of what I eat.. has anyone used it? had good or bad reactions with it?

I appreciate any responses..

Replies

• jessabugk
    Options
    I've been considering getting started on Alli to help me get control of what I eat.. has anyone used it? had good or bad reactions with it?

I appreciate any responses..
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Yup....did awhile ago. Big waste of money, I personally think.

All you'll have to show for it is stained shorts.:sick:

Stick to watching calories on MFP and you'll do fine.:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

She's made an excellent point:drinker: ... keep with MFP and it'll be a lifetime change.... using temporary methods brings temporary results.... :sad:

If you want to lose weight and keep it off? MFP has great folks, great tools, lots of inspiration the place to be to make a complete lifestyle change... :flowerforyou:

Welcome:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

She's made an excellent point:drinker: ... keep with MFP and it'll be a lifetime change.... using temporary methods brings temporary results.... :sad:

If you want to lose weight and keep it off? MFP has great folks, great tools, lots of inspiration the place to be to make a complete lifestyle change... :flowerforyou:

Welcome:drinker: :bigsmile:

Here, here!:drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    My best friend's sister was on it for awhile. She said it is basically a behavior modification drug where if you don't eat well, you'll pay for it later. :sick:

MFP is an awesome site & if you stick to it, you'll have great success. Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    My system is messed up in that category anyway so if constipated me and made my stomach hurt so bad I had to go to urgent care.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I have heard quite a bit about Alli, but none of it has been positive. I understand there are some pretty nasty (and embarrassing!) side effects.:sick:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I tried it once. I didn't have any of the side effects because I made sure I watched my fat grams. I lost 7 lbs in a month and gained it all back when I decided that I could not afford to contine taking Alli. It really didn't teach me anything or help me keep it off. I've lost twice the weight in a month following MFP. Save your money, take a walk, eat your calories and enjoy the support here at MFP, You'll do twice as well.

Lynnie
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I heard it makes you poop. :blushing: (hee hee-- I said poop-- )
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    It is my belief that the people who lose weight, and keep it off, are the ones who make an entire lifestyle change. It is not about a pound lost today, but a lifetime of health.

:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    It is my belief that the people who lose weight, and keep it off, are the ones who make an entire lifestyle change. It is not about a pound lost today, but a lifetime of health.

Plus, they don't (usually) end up with stained pants. :embarassed:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    is that you or Tabitha talking, Sara?
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Plus, they don't (usually) end up with stained pants. :embarassed:

Butt then you get new undies!!! Underoos!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    is that you or Tabitha talking, Sara?

I'll never say. :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Jessabug....please know we are just playing. I know you asked a serious question, and we have been having fun.

I wish you all the best and hope your weightloss journey is an easy one!
  • jessabugk
    Options
    Thanks for all your feedback.. I'll keep that in mind while I continure diliberations.. :D
  • MalFTW
    MalFTW Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My husband is in the Army and he volunteered for the Army's Health Research program in which they were experimenting with Alli and other weight loss tricks. My husband was 200 pounds and after three weeks, he was 179. That was with a vigorous exercise regimen (exercising for 1 hour every morning and 2 hours every afternoon), and a 2000 calorie diet with only 12 g of fat a day. He lost a lot of weight but after the research was done, and he stopped taking it, he continued the exercise and added healthy fats back into his diet and now he weighs 185. So I guess it helped him a lot!
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Yeah I tried it but it didn't work for me it was a wast of money for me.
  • kdanderson05
    Options
    I think it isn't worth the money....I've tried it and I thought it would fix me, but like others have said, you have to make the change within yourself first, and i decided that if I wanted to eat bad that day, I just wouldn't take the pills. So I wasn't learning anything from it.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    It did work for me - It doesn't make you lose weight he helps you - I ate healthy - and excercised and I did fine with it -

No my H LOL well let's just say he had "issues" while taking it - but then again if you eat a slice of pizza or chicken wings while your takin ALLI well lets just say it isn't pretty.