Should i or should I not?

Options
I have 800 Cals left but I already ate dinner? I'm really craving some chocolate covered bananas I made? Are they healthy? Should I have one? Or should I choose a "healthy" snack? Any advice PLEASE

Replies

• lcooper327
    lcooper327 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Have
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Are you planning on avoiding chocolate covered bananas for the rest of your life? If it fits in your calorie goals and you have hit your other nutrient targets for the day, why not?
  • blais_46
    blais_46 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Stay within your calorie limits and kill those bananas! Have at it.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have enough calories left for the day to enjoy one! Enjoy it and track it!
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    blais_46 wrote: »
    Don't do it!

Why on earth not?
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Did you mean 80 or 800? 800 is a lot of calories to have left, almost another dinner and lunch
  • Sassy_xo
    Sassy_xo Posts: 44
    Options
    Go for it! You have calories you can still consume and if it sounds good and you don't allow yourself to have it, you may end up over eating it later since you made it off limits for so long. Just stick to a normal, healthy portion and enjoy it! ALL foods can be part of a healthy meal plan! :)
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    If I had 800 calories left, I'd have the chocolate covered bananas, a glass a milk and maybe some peanut butter to dip the bananas in. :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Does it fit into your calorie and nutrition goals for the day?
    Do you want it?
    Will you feel good after eating it?

If the answer to all 3 of the above questions is yes, then I don't see a problem. If the answer to any of them is no, then consider eating something else.

Sounds to me like you should have one.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered bananas ARE a healthy snack in my world. A dish of rocky road ice cream buried in chocolate sauce would be the treat! :smile:

Measure it out, log what you eat - heck if you have 800 calories left, add some ice cream and make it a banana split! Calories in, calories out - that's all it takes to lose weight.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If I had 800 calories left I'd eat a pint of Ben and Jerrys.

Edit: First I'd check my macros for the day
  • hancy_caceres
    hancy_caceres Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    800 left!! I added in my exercise and it increased it!! But I don't do so good with eating my calories back.. It makes me think I won't loose any weight...
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    800 left!! I added in my exercise and it increased it!! But I don't do so good with eating my calories back.. It makes me think I won't loose any weight...

MFP gives you a deficit that doesn't include exercise, so eating back your exercise calories will not keep you from losing weight. However, if your calorie burn is over-estimated, then eating back ALL your calories can stop your weight loss. Many people (like myself) eat back a portion of the calories.
  • hancy_caceres
    hancy_caceres Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! ❤️
  • TCO76
    TCO76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

800 cals would only allow you 3 half cups...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    TCO76 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

800 cals would only allow you 3 half cups...

Yeah, I realized that while I was writing it. Still, I'd eat Ben and Jerrys
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have 800 Cals left but I already ate dinner? I'm really craving some chocolate covered bananas I made? Are they healthy? Should I have one?

Is it 800 calories or less? If so are the calories worth it to you?

What is healthy?
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    OMFG I wish I had this problem! Eat the chocolate bananas!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is the healthiest chocolate you can eat and if you put it on fruit it doubles the nutritional value of the fruit. Have it..you have the calories available to you. Chocolate..fruit what could be better than that for a nice snack!