What to do when your not hungry??

Options
What to do when your not hungry? There are many days when I don't reach my calorie limit, like today 871 calories. I have heard eating every 3 to 4 hours is good for you and your metabolism but what do you do if your just not hungry??

Replies

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense foods.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
  • LITtlerMeCO
    LITtlerMeCO Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Try lifting, I can't even explain how hungry I am after I get down.
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    If your diet includes lots of Diet(R) foods, trade them out for the real thing. 90% of the time they're a more ideal, balanced choice anyway, especially if you're physically active.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    peanut butter

Ditto. 2tbsp= 180 calories
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,114 Member
    Options
    What to do when your not hungry??

I'd celebrate!!

Since being on this program ... since Feb 17 ... I have been hungry every minute of every day, even moments after I eat dinner. The only time I have not been hungry was about a 36 hour period when I had the stomach flu, and I was too busy throwing up then to celebrate.
  • nat1908
    nat1908 Posts: 23
    Options
    I drink lot's of water, I try to drink 80 ounces or more a day. I eat normal foods, egg whites, chicken breast, fish, spinach, brown rice and more. I don't do diet foods they have tons of chemicals in them.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    nat1908 wrote: »
    I drink lot's of water, I try to drink 80 ounces or more a day. I eat normal foods, egg whites, chicken breast, fish, spinach, brown rice and more. I don't do diet foods they have tons of chemicals in them.

Assuming you are logging accurately, try adding some nuts, oil, avocado, or other calorie dense foods to your meals. You could also try increasing portion sizes at your meals or adding liquids with calories (juice, etc) to a meal.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    What to do when your not hungry? There are many days when I don't reach my calorie limit, like today 871 calories. I have heard eating every 3 to 4 hours is good for you and your metabolism but what do you do if your just not hungry??

Your goal 78 pounds
    lost so far 0 pounds

I would wager if you are not hungry at 800+ calories, you are eating more than you realize and not logging accurately.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Full fat- higher fat- all the fat.

Also- ice cream- there is ALWAYS room for ice cream.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I stay on my eating schedule...if I don';t I will binge.
  • nat1908
    Options
    I log everything I eat, right after I finish eating so I do not for get. And I do watch my portions of food. I eat foods that are high in protein and in fiber.
  • nat1908
    Options
    I used to have very bad eating habits, I would eat from sun up to sun down, nothing but junk food and fast food. So, I have put a stop to that and changed my eating habits. I just want to make sure my body is getting what it needs.
  • nat1908
    Options

Your goal 78 pounds
    lost so far 0 pounds

I would wager if you are not hungry at 800+ calories, you are eating more than you realize and not logging accurately.

Also my weight loss ticker is not working for some reason, I can't figure it out. I have lost 15 pounds this month and it keeps showing 0. I don't know how to fix it.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I used to have very bad eating habits, I would eat from sun up to sun down, nothing but junk food and fast food. So, I have put a stop to that and changed my eating habits. I just want to make sure my body is getting what it needs.

If you want to make sure your body is getting what it needs, you should eat to your calorie goal. Not eating enough will deprive your body more than if you were eating "junk food." "Junk food" has fat, protein, and carbohydrates, all things that you are not getting enough of at your current intake.

I'm not saying you have to go all "junk," but you shouldn't be afraid of eating food just because it might have something "bad" in it.
  • nat1908
    edited March 2015
    Options

If you want to make sure your body is getting what it needs, you should eat to your calorie goal. Not eating enough will deprive your body more than if you were eating "junk food." "Junk food" has fat, protein, and carbohydrates, all things that you are not getting enough of at your current intake.

I'm not saying you have to go all "junk," but you shouldn't be afraid of eating food just because it might have something "bad" in it.

I agree I should eat my recommended calorie intake, and yes I think I may over analyze what I eat for fear of gaining weight I am trying so hard to lose. I guess I need to find more foods to incorporate in what I already eat to balance out what i'm missing.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense foods.
    This

Wine, cheese, PB, ice cream, beer

FKDK:SDKFL:SD
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This OP says she is not hungry. Which means possibly she is ignoring her body's singals if it does give her a hungry pang or two (which is possible because I used to do this) or her appetite is suppressed (meds, stress, etc...)

There is a lot of questions to ask in regards to her goals to loose XXXX pounds and this hungry question she is asking...

Is this hungry thing something new? Is she making her self "not hungry" to loose weight and just not eat?

But there are real people that are NOT hungry you just don't eat. Making your self eat when not hungry is sometimes impossible.

I am sorry about being blunt... but need to know more to understand if the XXX number of pounds is current weight loss goal and why not hungry now....
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    This OP says she is not hungry. Which means possibly she is ignoring her body's singals if it does give her a hungry pang or two (which is possible because I used to do this) or her appetite is suppressed (meds, stress, etc...)

There is a lot of questions to ask in regards to her goals to loose XXXX pounds and this hungry question she is asking...

Is this hungry thing something new? Is she making her self "not hungry" to loose weight and just not eat?

But there are real people that are NOT hungry you just don't eat. Making your self eat when not hungry is sometimes impossible.

I am sorry about being blunt... but need to know more to understand if the XXX number of pounds is current weight loss goal and why not hungry now....
    I think you're not understanding than when OP is hungry, she can eat more calorie dense foods. VOILA - then at target calorie goal without eating massive amounts of food.

Hunger is not an adequate sign of proper nutrition/eating enough.

Also, accurate logging/counting may actually have her higher than what she says, and may actually not be hungry if she's eating more than she thinks.

ETA: can't spell today.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Hunger can actually not be hunger at all. I actually am thirsty 90% of the time when my stomach starts up..

Hunger to me (and this is my personal opinion) is a state of mind. I know I get enough calories each day and I can no way be "hungry". I think sometimes hungry is used differently to express something other than "true hunger" .. Not going to explain my thought process on this... and will end it there...

I will say that I have true life experiences in this hungry thing.. I was just trying to understand the right question and if I could understand the reasoning correctly.. SORRY..