How often do you weigh in?

Options
13»

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I originally wanted to do weekly, but I'm tempted to do daily because I'm a bit addicted. How often do you all weigh yourselves?

Search function if your friend because this is asked once per week at least. I weigh everyday because I like the data points and it tells me a lot about normal fluctuations.
  • runnrchic
    runnrchic Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    When I feel like it which is every 3-10 days.
  • tiffanybrooks530
    tiffanybrooks530 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    once a week, too much fluctuation on the daily weigh-in so i pushed it to weekly.
  • greaseswabber
    greaseswabber Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    I weigh weekly. Any more often you are probably obsessed/addicted.

How many posts have you seen where people are freaking out over weight gain of 2 pounds, then it turns out they weigh themselves every day and it's just normal fluctuations/water weight.

Weight fluctuates, it's probably best to look at the numbers/trend over a few weeks rather than 1-3 days.

I agree with looking at 3 weeks of data instead of 3 days. But I'd rather look at 21 measurements over three weeks than just 3 or 4 measurements. That's why I weigh daily and record daily in another app which does stats in a way that I like.
  • SonofNorthernDarkness
    Options
    way too much for my own good
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    I weigh weekly. Any more often you are probably obsessed/addicted.

How many posts have you seen where people are freaking out over weight gain of 2 pounds, then it turns out they weigh themselves every day and it's just normal fluctuations/water weight.

Weight fluctuates, it's probably best to look at the numbers/trend over a few weeks rather than 1-3 days.

I agree with looking at 3 weeks of data instead of 3 days. But I'd rather look at 21 measurements over three weeks than just 3 or 4 measurements. That's why I weigh daily and record daily in another app which does stats in a way that I like.

If I weighed once per week I would probably freak out when I saw something that didn't make sense. But because I weigh everyday it all kind of makes sense.
  • G8rRay
    G8rRay Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I weigh & record my weight (and Blood Pressure, Resting Heart Rate) daily; but, I use the weekly average of my weight for tracking purposes. I weigh (without clothing) right after I get up and use the bathroom.

The daily fluctuations in weight are too radical; but the weekly average is much more smooth and tends to better show the trend.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Too much. As a result I'm likely going to be removing the batteries from my scale and putting it away until the end of April, just to see if I can do it.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I weigh daily.
    This because i like to see the progress and i am not bothered or worried about fluctuations.

It also made me learn which foods make me hold water ( like for example cod, when i eat cod i hold water). So in general salty foods. I dont use added salt to my food at all. So like cad and bacon can make me hold water.

And i recognized or saw the connections of my fluctuations and what i ate. So that is a reason for me to keep an eye on it.

Blood pressure & HR and measurements and photo is every Monday.