Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's for dinner?

Jeepinmom4
Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
Ok so my family wants cheeseburgers and baked potatoes,well that's not something I can eat since I have 541 calories left for the day lol. So what's something that's good AND healthy that I can make for dinner? Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• I would still eat a baked potato because I love them :) but maybe you could substitute a turkey sandwich for the burger. I know it's hard for me to stand out at the dinner table.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    How about a turkey burger and baked sweet potato?

We are having a chicken dinner thing we bought - which is healthy, but KILLING My calories for the day.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    How about a turkey burger and baked sweet potato?

YUM!!!!
  • maganieto
    maganieto Posts: 7
    How about a turkey Burger.... the calories are low compare 2 a hamburger. Just make sure u get the low calorie buns I can't remember the brand but they have the 80 cal buns. I usually have special k chips with with mine because you can have 30 chipsfor around 110 cal . :-)
  • Kelgirl
    Kelgirl Posts: 2 Member
    I like to get a burger and just eat the meat and veggies from the burger with no mayo (sometimes I will use a tad of ketchup). I actually like to make a burger salad where I take chunks of the lean beef burger meat and add it to my salad. Use lemon and limes for your dressing. I too would go with the potato, if sweet potato is not an option then just get a small potato and watch your toppings (that is where they get you!)
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    all good options already listed---- also how about adding some more exercise: to your day this evening and then you have a bit more wiggle room for the meal?????:smile:
  • Keep Boca Burgers in the freezer! with some lettuce, onion and some mustard as well as some acceptance that to be thinner and healthier you can't have a real cow burger you can eat with them! Add Carrots, salad, italian ice...mmmmmmurl=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]3496562.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • WJLDLL
    WJLDLL Posts: 2 Member
    If that's what they want...that is what you can make. Just make turkey burgers and baked potatos for you and the whole family. It is silly to try to make separate meals. Those turkey patty burgers are fantastic. You can find them fresh in the meat case at your grocery store. Since you are short on calories you may have to skip the bun tonight or the cheese. Also, I have found that is terrific to top my baked potato with salsa (15 cals for 2 tbs) or Newman's light balsamic vinegar 45 cals for 2 tbs. or something tasty like that without all that fat.

Your turkey patty is about 170 calories. You can find a nice bun for 110 cals (store brand), your medium baked potato is about 110 cals. You can add all the lettuce, pickles, onions, mustard, peppers that you want as they add almost no calories to you burger but plenty of taste! Be a bit careful with catsup and stay away from mayo. I found a nice substitute for mayo is Hellmann's Dijonnjaise. It is a very good substitute for mayo and is only 5 calories a tsp. So if you add the calories (burger, bun, med baked potatoe and a topping on the potato you have about 435 calories and a nice meal. If you are still hungry fill up with green beans or cauliflower or some non-starchy vegetable. Also, for desert have a fruit or light yogurt.

I hope you discover the wonderful world of turkey. It is a lot leaner than beef (and cheaper too). I made the switch and my family did not even notice! In fact, the first time I made chili I did not tell my very picky son of the change. He actually told me that it was the best chili I ever made! For the record, I never told him that I switched to ground turkey because he might change his mind if I told him it was turkey. Ground turkey is just fabulous in chilie, meatballs, meatloaf or anything you would use ground beef in. I was absolutely amazed the first time I used it. Also love the turkey brats on the grill. You and your whole family can enjoy so much of the good foods out there. There is a healther alternative to just about any food out there.

Good luck to you and hope you found this helpful. I am 49 and close to my goal weight. I hope this is an exciting adventure for you as you watch your weight go down and your energy level go up. Never, ever give up.
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Thanks guys for the suggestions,I went with a dinner salad and fish sticks...and yes I'll be excersizing one more time today so I might even have some tartar Sause lol oh and I put it on my shopping list but where do I buy turkey burgers? Can I get those at wallmart?
  • maganieto
    maganieto Posts: 7
    Yes you can get the turkey burgers at walmart. They also have ground turkey which u can use for meatloaf spagetti hmb helper whatever u would normally use hamburger meat with. They have turkey hotdogs, sausage, bacon. I really like turkey & my kids can't tell the diffrence :-) I get the HONEYSUCKLE WHITE brand. Hope this helps.