Hi I'm New

Options
Hi there, found this site a few months ago but only now got my head fixed to start losing weight,
I have about 80 pound to lose to get my butt in a healthy range :)

One question if I may has anyone tried Zumba ? Does it help ?

Thanks and GL to everyone on their own journey

Nix x

Replies

• garysbrew
    garysbrew Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome.... I'm new too. Just signed up yesterday. Not sure what that product you are referring to is. I'm just doing it through healthy eating and moderate exercise. Good luck!!:smile:
  • Shannoncore
    Shannoncore Posts: 135
    Options
    zumba is pretty good as a cardio but not as great as running. you will be very sore for the first 20 or so lessons but it will get better. just don't get zumba for the xbox kinect
  • MisstoMrs2012
    Options
    Hi and welcome, am new to this site also, add me if you want so we can motivate each other!

In answer to your question, ive not tried Zumba but heard its really good, am about to start the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred tomorrow DVD but only planning on going on it every other day and trying to convince myself to start jogging or running (as it's free), just been taking a look at the couch to 5k - seems the best way to go.

After ive done the 30 day shred am planning on getting the Zumba on Wii and giving it a go, ive got Just Dance 2 on the Wii and thats good!
  • srenebailey
    srenebailey Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Zumba yet, but it looks like fun! I've heard a couple good things about it.
  • TaraLW86
    TaraLW86 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey welcome! Zumba is great I do it all the time. You don't feel like you're exercising because it is so much fun. It's good to add in other exercises as well such as running or spinning or weights because doing too much of one thing can offset the weight loss.
  • albali
    albali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    zumba is pretty good as a cardio but not as great as running. you will be very sore for the first 20 or so lessons but it will get better. just don't get zumba for the xbox kinect
    OMG! Why not!? I was going to get this next week!!
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Zumba is great! I was doing it for a while with a big group of girls and its a great calorie burner if you have a good instructor and it can also be a great support tool as you are motivated to stick with the group. Welcome to the site! You will find lots and lots of supportive people on here and if you stick with the program and are dedicated to count calories, I think it works wonders!
  • jagianotti
    jagianotti Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi! I love Zumba! But I have NO rhythm, it really burns calories, you really do sweat and talk about sore the next day...Overall, its alot of fun:flowerforyou:
  • Shannoncore
    Shannoncore Posts: 135
    Options
    when you turn around and it loses your face is pauses it and you have to start the whole thing all over again. it has gotten really bad reviews because of it

• albali
    albali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    when you turn around and it loses your face is pauses it and you have to start the whole thing all over again. it has gotten really bad reviews because of it

Oooh, thanks for the heads up on that one! Might have to get a different fitness game then!
  • Eirranne
    Eirranne Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well! Been doing this for only a week and have lost almost 7 lbs! So excited.

Zumba might not be as great as running but I think it's fun! I've also been doing TurboJam - it's kick boxing and zumba-ish! So much fun!

I can't run on a treadmill - I get so bored...but the cardio dance stuff keeps me into it for the whole hour :happy:

Good Luck!
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I've tried Zumba. It is as good as you make it. If you are not really putting your all in to the moves you don't lose as much at it. There are a lot of free classes everywhere if you check the Zumba website. It really is a fun workout and the great thing about it is there is a lot of diversity in a zumba class... people of every size and color. It is not uncomfortable at all.

My instructor lost 35 pounds doing Zumba as her only workout. And I lost about 10 with only Zumba before I joined MFP.