Maintaining weight

Options
It is VERY DIFFICULT for me to lose weight. I work over nights, so most of the time I'll be sleeping. My eating habits are off as well. So I can't figure out a diet plan or workout as much because I need to sleep during the day. I do some light lifting at work, how would I be able to get started, and find the right plan for me? I need some help.

Replies

• girlinagirdle
    girlinagirdle Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well I work all day and sleep at night - but I still have exactly the same amount of hours in as you do in my day to exercise.

Sometimes I exercise before work, and sometimes I do it after work. I get up earlier or go to bed later, or don't go out. Sometimes I don't do it at all during the week and then go like fun at the weekends - or whenever I have a day off. But the key thing is I do it and I keep doing it: boxing, dancing, riding, swimming, running, weights, spinning, zumba, TRX, bodyweight, yoga, no exercise at all it all gets thrown into the mix.

It's not scientific but it keeps me interested and it works out different parts of me. And the key thing is to just keep on going. It truly is a marathon not a sprint.

1. How do you get started? Just Do It. You've posted on here. You've started. Too late, now you have to keep on going ; )! Start small, make small changes, figure out what works for you. Stick at it because the good news is that it really isn't rocket science.

2. How do you find the right plan ? Just keep trying different ones (weights/cardio/eating less/eating more/changing diet/cheat days/no cheat days/eating clean/low carb) until you find something that works for you. Nobody here is giong to be able to tell you what will work for you, because they aren't you. The bad news is you have to figure that out yourself but once you do, then the good news is it will work for you and it may just change your life!
  • abhijitbasu
    Options
    Indeed, for overnight workers, it is difficult to follow weight loss programs, because your sleeping routines are messed up. Most gyms and other such establishments are only open during the day, which is why you are not able to join them.

Many studies have shown that overnight workers are more prone to being overweight, and to combat this issue, first you need to get your diet in place. Eating low calorie foods is the first rule, of course, and try to avoid foods loaded with carbohydrates or fats, because the first leads to you eating more and more, and the second leads to you, well, getting fatter.

At the same time, make sure you are getting your minimal nutrition intake, as even during weight loss programs, it is necessary to reach your daily nutritional dosage, which depends on your height and weight.

Now for your exercise routine. Before you do anything, try to find a 24 hour gym near you, which can help you get in shape whenever you want. If you can't do so, then your only option is a HIIT Workout.

See, the main aim of a workout is to increase your metabolic rate, helping you to burn that weight and lose that weight. But workouts mean setting aside an hour daily, which is not practical for your line of work.

This is why, a HIIT Workout may be preferred. It is essentially a concentrated workout, that in the span of a few seconds can provide results better than hour-long workouts. It does this by packing a series of high-intensity Workouts together within a small span of time, helping you to improve your metabolic rate within minutes, and lose that weight effortlessly.