100 pounds by Christmas, anyone? CW: 312

Options
I am 312 lbs, 5' 10", that is 3 lbs a week for 9 months. I have removed sugar and bad carbs from my life. I have increased my fluid intake to 8-16oz bottles of Pure Life Splash. Lost 17 lbs in March so far. I live in Northern VA.

I am not really exercising yet because I am sore. I need to start soon.

Replies

• shfoster0721
    shfoster0721 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and congrats so far. Feel free to add me. I have lost 138 in just over a year.
  • perkins_lm
    perkins_lm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I have 80 lbs to lose in the same time. If you are sore maybe start with yoga? There are a few beginner yoga DVDs I have liked. Some of them are geared toward overweight people too, which really helped me when I was 300+ lbs. Some yoga fitness DVDs just don't "get" that you can't twist like a pretzel at certain weights. But stretching out the body helps me a lot with fighting soreness.
  • StrugglingtoMove
    StrugglingtoMove Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and congrats so far. Feel free to add me. I have lost 138 in just over a year.

Great job :-)
  • StrugglingtoMove
    Options
    perkins_lm wrote: »
    You can do it! I have 80 lbs to lose in the same time. If you are sore maybe start with yoga? There are a few beginner yoga DVDs I have liked. Some of them are geared toward overweight people too, which really helped me when I was 300+ lbs. Some yoga fitness DVDs just don't "get" that you can't twist like a pretzel at certain weights. But stretching out the body helps me a lot with fighting soreness.

Thanks. Lol. I have never tried yoga ever. Lol. Did you use a mat or anything? That soreness is the reason why I dont workout. I have energy. I run a daycare and chase 6 little ones all day long. Do you have the name of the DVD for overweight people?

• edwardbarillas9
    edwardbarillas9 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also lost 13 pounds so far by just eliminating carbs and sugars and a little bit of exercise planning on upping it though.
  • StrugglingtoMove
    Options
    I also lost 13 pounds so far by just eliminating carbs and sugars and a little bit of exercise planning on upping it though.

Thats what I have done as well. 17 lbs since the first without trying much. I have no use for food without sugar. So there I am having to force myself to eat here and there.
  • Suzieqgirl
    Suzieqgirl Posts: 39 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request! You are doing great! Keep up the good work! :D
  • StrugglingtoMove
    Options
    Suzieqgirl wrote: »
    Looks like you are doing great so far! Congratulation! I just sent you a friend request!

Thank you I accepted it. :-)