poly/mono fats

Options
On my nutriental daily guidelines it has that I should eat 0 poly/mono unsaturated fats? I always thought these where good fats ( so to speak) however each time I eat a bit of fish etc I go over the goal!
!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't have a goal set for those so it will always look like you're going over. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    There is a reported issue on the iOS app where it incorrectly displays the poly- and monounsaturated fats goals as zero instead of N/A as on the Web version and Android version.
    Please see this thread for the reported issue.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/31712316#Comment_31712316
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    kecott07 wrote: »
    On my nutriental daily guidelines it has that I should eat 0 poly/mono unsaturated fats? I always thought these where good fats ( so to speak) however each time I eat a bit of fish etc I go over the goal!
    !

They are healthy fats...but there isn't any kind of officially established recommendation out there...like for Saturated fats, the target is a maximum. There are no official minimum or maximum targets that have been established by any governing body in RE to poly/mono fats.
  • Katerina9408
    Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    kecott07 wrote: »
    !

If you need more fats just eat nuts,seeds (better raw or baked not fried) and avocado.
  • BaddaBingBadaBoom
    BaddaBingBadaBoom Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Ah thanks so much-really clears that up for me! :D