Just starting paleo

Options
I'm just starting paleo and if anyone has and advice, tips, and or recipes that would be amazing! I'm also starting CrossFit so the same goes for that.

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,013 Member
    Options
    Makes sense, the crossfit is mandatory.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I've been following a Paleo lifestyle for over 2 years now...check out these sites for some good & easy recipes:
    www.paleopot.com
    www.elanaspantry.com
    www.paleomg.com
    I have tons of info if you want to message me with any questions. I love sharing my knowledge.

P. S. I would try to do the 21dsd to get rid of any sugar addiction. I found myself making "Paleo" friendly desserts & sweets more often than I should have because I craved the sugar.
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I think there is a dedicated paleo community here somewhere. However, paleo is also the subject of some derision. I don't feel entitled to opinions about other people's eating habits, so all I can say is it's an unfortunate name for what may be a good idea.

Whichever path you've chosen, I hope it works well for you and you remain injury free. My wife is a massage therapist and the consensus among her and her colleagues is that cross fit is brilliant for people who are already fit, but should be approached with great care for less fit people because the risk of injury is high.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    landfish wrote: »
    I think there is a dedicated paleo community here somewhere. However, paleo is also the subject of some derision. I don't feel entitled to opinions about other people's eating habits, so all I can say is it's an unfortunate name for what may be a good idea.

Whichever path you've chosen, I hope it works well for you and you remain injury free. My wife is a massage therapist and the consensus among her and her colleagues is that cross fit is brilliant for people who are already fit, but should be approached with great care for less fit people because the risk of injury is high.

Absolutely...I tried Crossfit & while I'm in great shape, it still took a toll on my body. I train with a PT now so that I have constant supervision & support. I definitely don't need to be injured.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Makes sense, the crossfit is mandatory.

Snort.

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You might want to try something a bit more basic before jumping into Crossfit....go into that out of shape and the odds of getting hurt are very high.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    landfish wrote: »

Absolutely...I tried Crossfit & while I'm in great shape, it still took a toll on my body. I train with a PT now so that I have constant supervision & support. I definitely don't need to be injured.

This. I have about a dozen friends who do Crossfit at gyms around the country. Exactly one of them is not currently on the IR list recouping from an injury that occurred during a Crossfit workout.

I would just advise that you proceed with caution - the competitive mentality there can push people to exceed their limits. Pushing yourself is good. Hurting yourself is not.

Also, try to get as much information as you can about proper form, at Crossfit and by doing your own research.