In need of advice! Workout 5-6 times per week and no weight loss! :(

Options
2»

Replies

• jsteinke
    jsteinke Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think I need to be a little more accountable. Its easy to feel justified when you feel like you are working out so much! blush:
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Went back 2 days in the diary, all kinds of entries that appear unmeasured.

"1 slice of homemade meatloaf" is not a meaningful entry, unless you created the recipe yourself and weighted every ingredient that went into it.

Similarly "toast with butter" is not a meaningful entry. What kind of bread? How much butter?

Almost certainly you are eating more than you think you are.
  • jsteinke
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your comments! I have never used this portion of MFP and had no idea how helpful it could be! I think I definitely need to make some tweaks to my diet. I'm going to keep doing what I am doing at the gym because it does make me feel great! Hopefully I start seeing some lbs drop soon!
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary, it appears you are having to much carb and not enough protein.
  • jsteinke
    Options
    I don't really eat meat...and yes, I think I do eat too many carbs :(
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I would say dont worry about your macros so much right now, get your cals/weighing/logging sorted, and watch out for salt in meals you havent cooked from scratch yourself. I gained 9lbs in a weekend and learned my lesson on the old sodium front, drink lots of water on the days you are eating out etc, be kind to yourself, and take measurements of your body, the scales are born liars lol!
    Good luckx
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    jsteinke wrote: »

For weight loss it does not matter how many carbs you eat, so long as you stay within your calories for the day. Protein can be more filling, but I've had high-cardio days when I do something sick like 80% Carb, 10% Fat, 10% Protein. It's fine.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options

Meatloaf, bacon and Subway melt? Sounds like meat. LOL ;)

Along with the more accurate weighing, maybe add some more veggies to your life. You can eat a HUGE amount of green vegetables for very little calories.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Work out for health and fitness. Control your diet for weight loss. Forget everything you ever learned about weight loss. It is ALL about Calories in, Calories out. You can worry about the other stuff when you get used to eating within a certain calorie window.

Log accurately, which means avoiding vague entries to save time. If you eat toast with butter, log the actual bread and weight you ate, and the weight of the butter you ate.

Weigh as much solid food as you can. I have a scale at home and own my desk at work. I'm considering putting one in my purse too. You almost get addicting to weighing things. Knowing exactly what you are eating.

Start slow, set your goals for 1lb/week, which will give you a more manageable deficient.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Not currently using a scale. Sounds like I might need to make an investment :) Thanks for all of the feedback!

That's probably your biggest problem right there. Get a cheap digital scale and you'll notice a huge difference in your meals :) good luck!

Truth. I thought I had a good 'eyeball' way of logging and I was surprised once I actually started weighing out my food. I was consuming much more that I thought.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    There's something wrong with your logging

You're either eating more than you think, or burning less than you imagine .. or a little of both

This, unfortunately. Logging requires specific weighing of foods and not guesstimating. Things add up quickly if you aren't careful. If you really crack down on that I bet you will start seeing results quickly.