Polar loop

Options
if anyone on here uses a polar loop can you please help me out I have my loop connected with myfitnesspal but even after I work out it says 0 calories adjusted from polar loop why is this please help thanks

Replies

• Rlnieman
    Rlnieman Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Have you been able to figure this out? Do you have an iPhone or iPad? I could be wrong but from what I can see it MFP only syncs my loop calories from my iPad app.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Mine only adjusts calories over what MFP has as my maintenance. So even if I set my calorie goal to 1700 no adjustment is made unless my Loop has me burning over the 1800+ my daily maintenance would be.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    When you signed up for MFP, you entered your stats & selected an activity level. MFP uses that info and calculates that you are going to burn X calories per day, not counting exercise. You log exercise for additional calories.

Using a fitness tracker changes that. Your Polar Loop uses your stats, and your tracked activity and calculates how many calories you have burned in the day. Call it Y. This value changes as you move throughout your day, of course, and MFP only has access to Y as of when you last synced.

MFP looks at Y, and projects whether or not your Y is going to be greater than or less than X at the end of the day. If it looks like Y is higher, you earn extra calories. Note: there is some estimation involved in terms of how active you'll be later in the day, so the difference will change as the day moves on.

The benefit of using a tracker is you're no longer guessing about your activity level. If you are constantly ending the day without a calorie bonus from Polar, then you may want to a) move more or b) lower your activity level in MFP.