Veggie hater needs recommendations

Options
I've been making shakes for dinner and loving it. I got some raw spinach and added it to my shakes. It turned the shake green, but it was just a great way to add a vegetable to my dinner. What are some other veggies I can add to a shake that will give me the most nutrition bang for the buck?

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Cucumber! :D Nice and mild and slightly sweet.
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Kale! You don't even taste it.
  • aishlynn
    aishlynn Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Kale! You don't even taste it.

This.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I love cucumber and mint in smoothies.

• Hotshoe1200
    Hotshoe1200 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions! I actually like cucumbers anyway. I've never tried kale, but have read that you can actually bake it into chips or something.
  • wazzujas
    wazzujas Posts: 3
    Options
    Every once in a while I'll sneak in some carrots, adds a bit of sweetness without changing the taste. Also any greens like spinach, kale, or chard will add to the healthiness of the shake without changing the flavor.
  • Hotshoe1200
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    I love cucumber and mint in smoothies.

Do you use a mint leaf or an extract?
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    The new use of veggies in shakes is a mini-miracle…thickens the shake and gives us needed nutrition. I buy combo bags of kale-spinich-chard. Our dietitian makes these with ginger, ground flax, and of course frozen BERRIES...low in sugar and carbs, add Stevia and you get a great full meal. Eating boiled spinach or kale, ugh. but raw they are great.
    Dr. Eric Berg promotes the kale shakes are a real diet help. http://www.drberg.com
    ---has a FREE Kale diet booklet to download.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    What I have done to get my family to eat more veggies is to make chili loaded with them. My husband couldn't believe I only put a pound of meat in a huge pot. I put tons of onion, bell peppers(green, red and whatever other colors are available and not too expensive), celery, carrot, canned tomatoes and of course beans (several different kinds - black, pinto,kidney). A little beef goes a long way and my family gets lots of veggies.
  • Hotshoe1200
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    What I have done to get my family to eat more veggies is to make chili loaded with them. My husband couldn't believe I only put a pound of meat in a huge pot. I put tons of onion, bell peppers(green, red and whatever other colors are available and not too expensive), celery, carrot, canned tomatoes and of course beans (several different kinds - black, pinto,kidney). A little beef goes a long way and my family gets lots of veggies.

I would SO eat your chili! My husband makes chili, but it's very meat heavy and very bland. I like getting chili from Wendys. It's not too bad calorie/fiber-wise, but I think it's fatty. But it beats a burger.