Sweet tooth saviours??

Options
jen19855
jen19855 Posts: 15 Member
I have a massive sweet tooth, does anybody have any suggestions of food which could satisfy it without going crazy on the calories?
And fruit just doesn't cut it I'm afraid ;) lol

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Ice cream or gelato. :)
  • ivoluntas
    ivoluntas Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Italian shaved ice at the market. Luigis I believe. Greek yogurt in lemon or key lime. Or I chew gum.
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate. I get two pieces of really really good chocolate and eat that =)
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I have a huge sweet tooth as well. Here are some of the things that I like:

Luigi's Italian Ice
    Outshine Fruit Bars (although I normally get the store brand)
    Greek Yogurt. My favorite is honey and yogurt, but I love the stuff in the cups too.
    Thomas Limited Edition English Muffins. They vary depending on the season. Right now it's banana nut, I think.
    Big Slice Kettle Cooked Apples - kind of an exception to your not wanting fruit, but they are seriously delicious. They come in a pouch.
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    A good cup of tea or coffee always tends to curb my sweet tooth. You need soemting with a little bitterness to train your tastebuds off sugar! :)
  • nataliejenkins123
    nataliejenkins123 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Did you find anything that helps?
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Choboni flips greek yogurt - either the chocolate and coconut one, or one of the new flavors (hazelnut & chocolate or Caramel & pretzels)
    Dark chocolate, just a small piece
    Smartees - if I just can't shake the craving, and just have to have some sugar, a roll of smartees is only 25 calories and is enough to take care of that sweet craving

I also found a coconut-almond tea that is fabulous. I put a little bit of stevia in it, and find it very satisfying for a sweet craving as well.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Cadbury's dark chocolate bar. Each square has about 24 calories.

I also like the Pure Protein Double Chocolate bar or the Kroger family equivalent. They have 21g of protein for 180-190 calories.

• coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    A couple pieces of dark chocolate works for me......or some yogurt with a little honey
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Frozen berries oops saw the no fruit lol berries really do help when I'm low on calories. Dark chocolate is good
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate and almonds. Portion them out together - I can do a half serving of almonds (14 g) and a few squares of a good bar of dark chocolate and it satisfies!

Nutella stirred into plain Greek yogurt is tasty too, but ya gotta measure the Nutella carefully and then put it away, or you could end up with a bowl of Nutella with a spoonful of yogurt stirred in, instead. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I keep dark chocolate in the freezer. Or berries with whipped cream.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate, vita tops chocolate muffins (100 calories), gelato, ice cream.
  • littlebee55
    littlebee55 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Cup of hot chocolate (90 calories for Swiss Miss Caramel Delight) or no-sugar added hot chocolate, 50 calories ; Werther's sugar free caramels. They work almost every time for me.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Almonds
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Squares of chocolate, Weight Watchers ice cream bars (I have dark chocolate raspberry ones in my freezer and I love them, 90 calories for one, 180 for two), and Werther's Original hard caramel candies.
  • mackardi
    mackardi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Coconut Greek yogurt..tastes like ice cream to me, coconut chips, bear naked protein bars pb flavor

Ps..I used to hate coconut..but I've learned to love it
  • erinelizabeth882
    erinelizabeth882 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My apple dip tastes like dessert and is fairly healthy plus has good fats and some protein! I use one cup of vanilla greek yogurt (usually chobani, trader joes, or oikos brand), a big spoonful of peanut butter, some vanilla and cinnamon, all stirred together! The combination of it all is amazeballs!

Also, jello's refrigerated sugar free puddings are pretty yummy.
  • facat820
    facat820 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    jen19855 wrote: »
    I have a massive sweet tooth, does anybody have any suggestions of food which could satisfy it without going crazy on the calories?
    And fruit just doesn't cut it I'm afraid ;) lol
    Part of the problem that I have found is that when I eat tons of fruit I crave other sweet (unhealthy) thingsthings. Unsweetened coco powder with Greek yogurt and honey? Or blended with a banana?