Is there anyone out there that does NOT eat back there exerc

Options
What is your net intake for the day?

Replies

• Gemini_at_36
    Gemini_at_36 Posts: 207
    Options
    I try not to. I mean if I had my butt on the stride trainer for 30 minutes twice in one day, why would I want to eat that.......Unless it is just a bad day for some reason...But I try not to:}
  • jhamlin6668
    jhamlin6668 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My projected intake for the day is 1,590. I consistently eat 12-1400. I do NOT eat back my exercise. First of all, I don't get that much exercise. I'm so overweight and out of shape that scrubbing the bathroom floor on my hands and knees puts me in a dripping sweat and definitely elevates my heart rate. I figure if I am doing myself the favor of being active I sure as hell am not going to undo it by stuffing my face. Just my take on it.
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I decided to switch things up a little so I'm cycling my calories right now and not eating exercise calories back. Also, I'm getting most of my carbs from veggies, fruit, and yogurt. I'm aiming to tone up and I want to flatten my belly. It seems to be working for me.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    It totally varies. Some days I eat back most of my exercise calories, some days I don't. I usually net around 900-1000 cals, which I know is low, but I think the calorie counter on here is optimistic for exercise and a bit skimpy on the food side. On days I don't exercise I eat my 1200 quota.
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories, because my doctor said not too.
  • bike4now
    bike4now Posts: 52
    Options
    I've been eating half of my exercise calories back. I did lose and reached my goal, so for me this worked.
  • skyspun
    skyspun Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I try very hard not to eat back my exercise... Just because then I feel like it was a complete waste of time! I like the idea that my exercise DID something... My net intake for the day is about 1350, I think. Which is definitely not as easy for me as I thought. lol.
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten back my exercise calories, my net calories are usually under 100 most days, sometimes even minus. You'll get a lot of crap on this site for it, but it works for me, so I stick with it.
  • putnam80
    putnam80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My goal is 2670 a day. I also have Type 1 Diabetes. I am about 57 pounds over weight. I am very active. 6'2" and built strong. Fortunately for me, i am able to walk a few miles a day. some days I am more under my goal, but i am almost always over the 2670, but thanks to the exercise, i am under for the daily net
  • jilly66
    jilly66 Posts: 6
    Options
    I don't eat mine back.....quicker, more weight loss that way!!
  • jilly66
    jilly66 Posts: 6
    Options
    I don't eat mine back.....quicker, more weight loss that way!!
  • last_time11
    last_time11 Posts: 68
    Options
    I'm experimenting, did a week on 800 cals, I did not like that week at all, now I'm trying a week at 1200 and see how my weight loss differs, then I'm going to eat some of my exercise calories every other day for a week and see what that does. will post back when I know!
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I always eat the 1200 but the rest varies on what I feel like eating and the amount of exercise that I can get for that day.
  • Cynthiafaron
    Cynthiafaron Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I don"t eat back because I want to lose - someday I will !
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    If I burn enough calories, like 300- up per workout, I eat half back because I don't trust the calorie counters on here fully. If I burn under 300 I don't tend to eat them back. Then again it depends. Really I eat to where my energy is up and I feel good. My body has gotten good with telling me when I need sustenance and such. I've found no hindrance in weight loss going under 1200 on some days. I just eat normally and if I go under then its okay, if I go over a bit (though not over daily limit) then that's great too. It's different for everyone though. Good rule is ask your doctor and do what's best for you.
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    i usually dont. I often have 1000 odd calorie burns a day, so its almost impossible to eat that back.

I eat what im comfortable eating, and eat good, wholesome, mainly organic foods until im full. Then I stop.

if im hungrier on another day then I eat more that day and dont worry about it

Ive lost my weight that i aimed to lose and am now at my goal weight, it took 2 months.
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    I do not eat my exercise calories back. It defeats the purpose. You are supposed to eat your calories, and burn 500 a day in order to lose 1 pound a week. I eat my 1290 calories that MFP gives to me, and try to deduct my exercise from that. I know that it's not ideal, but that's what I do. it's been working well for me. I will probably have to eat more over time, but I'm so over weight right now that exercising more than I am eating helps me.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I almost always eat them back. If I burn a large number, like 500 or more, in a day, I try to not eat back a couple hundered of them, unless I am really hungry :laugh:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I eat some of mine back depending on the amount of exercise I did. I set my calories to 1300 and I usually burn 300 calories a day which puts me at a total of 1600 calories. If I do more exercise than that I don't eat back those calories. Basically I eat 1600 calories a day unless I don't work out. This site is good for tracking calories but it is better to have an approximate number of calories you eat daily (1600 in my case) and try to burn calories through exercise as much as possible because your calorie goal should already be slightly below what your body needs to maintain your current weight.
  • maillekelly
    maillekelly Posts: 132
    Options
    Yeah, you do get a lot of angry people on here shouting about how you need to eat them back, I am starting to worry abit, I never eat mine back, ever. I EAT between 1200-1300 calories per day, but I work out and burn about 400 cals (I have a HRM) so my net intake is usually only about 800 calories, however some days its less, like today its only 680!!! but then other days, like yesterday I didn't work out much, my net was 1200...I thought the same, why would I work out so hard to just eat it back, feel like I can lose weight quicker this way, and i am losing weight, so I've kept going, but I'm worried im losing muscle!! I do drink 2 protein shakes a day though, so hopefully that might help keep my muscle if that is the case, I just don't know, weightloss really is complicated when you go into the math and science of it all, its sometimes not as simple as eat less, move more