Don't be shy!!!

Options
Hi everyone! This is my second post about open diaries.. Don't be shy! Share your diary! It's helping all of us! It gives the people checking it out an idea on how and what they can be eating, while keeping you accountable for you daily intake! Add me!!

Replies

• gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Mines open add me yo
  • Summerluv326
    Summerluv326 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Added!
  • Jg04811
    Jg04811 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Mines open! dont look at Saturday but the rest is good LOL! Hit a goal so I "celebrated"
  • andreamulhall
    andreamulhall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mines open , not always the best but meh... Add me ;)
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    mine's open.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's not that people are shy. Some don't want to be judged on the foods they eat, and some don't feel any need to open it up to strangers.
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Mine's open to friends only, because I know what I should be doing, I just don't always do it. So I don't feel the need to question why I'm not losing weight if I don't measure and weigh my foods and have no pre-existing medical conditions. Not that having it completely public is a bad thing, it's just that yeah, I don't wanna.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Mines open. being accountable is a great help. I like to know if someone's watching and secretly judging me! ;)
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I like open diaries, they are a nice source of ideas about meal planning, especially my friends with managing similar health conditions or if I want to get a better sense of how certain approaches look.

I also think that if you are embarrassed by something (such as a "bad" diary) then shedding light on it can be very helpful. First of all, people aren't usually judgmental so that can affirm that hey, we don't have to do this perfectly every day... it's about understanding yourself, being accountable, and keeping moving in the right direction (even with all the squigglies).

Having said all that, having an open diary is a personal thing, and there are lots of reasons to choose not to open it.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would be very motivational for anyone to look at my diary full of fast food and sweets. It works for me as far as weight loss (not looking forward to my next blood draw, though), but I get judged for it anyway. "But the carbs!!!" Yes. I love carbs. Sue me. If that's what anyone is looking for, how to eat like garbage and still lose weight, then go ahead and check out my diary. It's open.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Open
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Open. Add me only if you don't mind me gushing over my dogs and my goats whenever I get the opportunity. ;)
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    But but but the pizza! The kfc! The oporto! I must hide my shame.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    After seeing someone (try to) tear someone to shreds recently over her diary, I'll pass, thanks.