I am having trouble gaining weight

Options
I am having trouble gaining weight too. My goal is to be 120 to130 and I'm 119 it's taking me 6 years of gym training and and hard work. When I started the gym I weighed 88 pounds now I want to get to my goal is to get 120 to 130 Help!!!

Replies

• KingRat79
    KingRat79 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    how much food do you eat? the only way to gain weight is to eat consistently more calories then you burn.

I'd suggest weigh all your food and record exactly what you eat on MFP start with your maintenance calories as calculated by MFP , then add 200 extra calories. eat this amount every day without fail for 1 months. if you aren't gaining weight add an extra 200 calories and then repeat. once you are eating enough to be gaining weight at a healthy rate (about 1lb a week.) keep eating at this level.

also being on a good strength training program will help to convert all of those calories to muscle rather then fat
  • ShannonP8826
    ShannonP8826 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    KingRat79 wrote: »
    how much food do you eat? the only way to gain weight is to eat consistently more calories then you burn.

I'd suggest weigh all your food and record exactly what you eat on MFP start with your maintenance calories as calculated by MFP , then add 200 extra calories. eat this amount every day without fail for 1 months. if you aren't gaining weight add an extra 200 calories and then repeat. once you are eating enough to be gaining weight at a healthy rate (about 1lb a week.) keep eating at this level.

also being on a good strength training program will help to convert all of those calories to muscle rather then fat

oh thank you I've been eating a lot work out a lot at the gym heavyweights tonight I'm going for my ultimate goal wish me well