Army Ten Miler - 9 October 2011

Options
Just started my training today for the 2011 Army Ten Miler.... I have never run this before but I have always wanted to give it a try. Hopefully I can get registered and get a slot!!!
I am using a training schedule for a half marathon so that the Ten Miler will be "easy":laugh:
If anyone else has ran this in the past or is planning to run this year, I would love to hear suggestions and training tips from you!! Plus it is always good to get motivation from people with the same goal as yourself!!

Replies

• jmconway1
    jmconway1 Posts: 29
    Options
    hi i;m running in the race as well! I plan on using this training schedule
    http://www.mercedesmarathon.com/Mercedes_21_WK_hm_Sched.pdf
    from the mercedes half marathon that I ran in February 2011. I am not doing the full schedule though, stopping at week 16 and starting the training in about 5 weeks. I need a few weeks beforehand to get back into the whole running thing. Races are addictive so get ready and good luck!
  • bmhatcher
    bmhatcher Posts: 105
    Options
    Thanks for the info!! I will check it out!! Me and my boyfriend both got registered today and I am very excited!! First one ever! Woo Woo!!
  • bmhatcher
    Options
    ANy other MFP users that are running this year?
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Just wanted to say congratulations on your success to date and for the hooah motivation you're showing to run the 10-miler :) I'm not ready to sign up for that kind of mileage but my husband registered yesterday so me and the kids will be there cheering him on. Good luck!
  • bmhatcher
    Options
    Hi there! Just wanted to say congratulations on your success to date and for the hooah motivation you're showing to run the 10-miler :) I'm not ready to sign up for that kind of mileage but my husband registered yesterday so me and the kids will be there cheering him on. Good luck!

Thanks!
    Good Luck to your husband!!