Help!!

Options
What can I be doing wrong I am staying under my indicated calories but not noticing it on the scale. It Sucks!

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    damcgriff wrote: »
    What can I be doing wrong I am staying under my indicated calories but not noticing it on the scale. It Sucks!

You are lacking details. How long has it been been since you stopped noticing a change? Are you logging accurately? Everyone thinks they are but many times they are not.
  • damcgriff
    damcgriff Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for about two weeks I believe. I log daily each meal. For most items I scan the barcode and the items Pop up.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for about two weeks I believe. I log daily each meal. For most items I scan the barcode and the items Pop up.
    Do you weigh all of your food?
  • ncboiler89
    edited March 2015
    Options

Two weeks is nothing. However you need to make sure you are logging accurately. Get scales and weigh your food. Don't guess on portion sizes.
  • Astharteea
    Astharteea Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Probably your portions are a little bigger than you think. Also it might be the foods you eat. Eliminate carbs ( keep it under 30 grams a day) for 5 days and see if there's any change on the scale.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Astharteea wrote: »
    Probably your portions are a little bigger than you think. Also it might be the foods you eat. Eliminate carbs ( keep it under 30 grams a day) for 5 days and see if there's any change on the scale.

What does the carbs have to do with this?

OP, you're eating more than you think.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    Astharteea wrote: »
    Eliminate carbs ( keep it under 30 grams a day) for 5 days and see if there's any change on the scale.

Doesn't matter
  • damcgriff
    Options
    Thanks
  • Astharteea
    Astharteea Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking at a low carb thing. It works with some people. So I thought that maybe she wants to give it a try. Sorrry! Sheesh!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale and weight everything. Log accurately.
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Are you working out as well, maybe gaining muscle while burning fat? Jut a passing by thought.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    That's because a calorie is not just a calorie. It depends on your macros like protein, carbs, sugar, and fat intake. Basically, eat good fats and eliminate sugar and gluten from carbs and you'll be ok. Best part.....no hunger. Best wishes.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    That's because a calorie is not just a calorie. It depends on your macros like protein, carbs, sugar, and fat intake. Basically, eat good fats and eliminate sugar and gluten from carbs and you'll be ok. Best part.....no hunger. Best wishes.

A calorie is a calorie. Calorie; the energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water through 1 °C (now usually defined as 4.1868 joules).

Doesn't say anything about it coming from a snickers bar or lettuce.
  • pickleRH83
    pickleRH83 Posts: 33 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'd rather be spending my calories on things which keep me fuller for longer though :) eating 5 snickers bars instead of healthy balanced macro meals isn't going to make you feel too good :wink: I eat lots of good fats such as avocado, lean protein and plenty of fruit and veg - very satisfying and still within my calorie allowance
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

When it comes to weight loss, yes it is. And unless for medical reasons, nobody needs to eliminate those, or anything, from their diet.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Eliminate sugar? No gluten? Please indicate why this even matters.

Many, many people here include sugar (I eat fruit daily!) and gluten in their diet and lose weight.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Your profile says you only have 10lbs to lose. With a goal of 10lbs weight should come off slowly...you could shoot for something in the neighbourhood of 1/2lb per week and with so little to lose, your logging needs to be tighter because your calorie deficit is smaller. Without seeing your diary, it's hard for anyone to give specific advice about where you could tighten up and such. You stats like age, weight, height, activity level, current calorie goal,etc will also be helpful as people can assist you to determine if your calorie goal is too high, low, etc.

and it looks like this is going to spiral into a good/bad food. sugar/no sugar thread, so hopefully you'll get some specific information before it goes too far sideways
  • damcgriff
    Options
    Are you working out as well, maybe gaining muscle while burning fat? Jut a passing by thought.

Yes I am working Out …cardio