eggs in the microwave.

Options
tiffany82manross
tiffany82manross Posts: 48 Member
edited March 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Anyone tried this? What do I do? What do they turn out like?

Replies

• kampshoff
    kampshoff Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have one of these:

1372-lg.jpg

and it's awesome.

Spray a little oil and crack a few eggs in (beaten or not) and in 75 seconds you have a couple of "fried" eggs. I use them to make breakfast sandwiches, or just eat as-is.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    They explode
  • KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do don't put the whole egg in shell in the microwave - as one of the girls at work discovered in the tea room eggs will explode and cause plenty of mess and red faces
    -
  • tiffany82manross
    Options
    Are they yellow? I hate the whites.
  • kampshoff
    Options
    If you beat them beforehand, they'll come out a uniform yellow, like scrambled eggs.
  • samivenbutterfly
    samivenbutterfly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I microwave eggs almost every day. I use 1 medium egg, 2 tablespoons of water, splash of eggwhites and sometimes 1/4 cup 0% milk. Microwave full power for 2 minutes, if still a bit runny, add another minute. They are fluffy and delicious.
  • tiffany82manross
    Options
    kampshoff wrote: »
    If you beat them beforehand, they'll come out a uniform yellow, like scrambled eggs.

I'll try it tomorrow morning.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I just tried egg beaters in the microwave for the first time this week. They were fine. A little odd, but for being at work they did the trick. Not sure about regular eggs.
  • kampshoff
    Options
    I would suggest @samivenbutterfly's recipe above if you don't have a specialized egg cooker like I posted.
  • tiffany82manross
    Options
    I microwave eggs almost every day. I use 1 medium egg, 2 tablespoons of water, splash of eggwhites and sometimes 1/4 cup 0% milk. Microwave full power for 2 minutes, if still a bit runny, add another minute. They are fluffy and delicious.

Yummy. Thanks everyone.
  • MikeSanchez2323
    MikeSanchez2323 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I hear about people doing it, but it grosses me out!
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    KiwiAlexP wrote: »
    Whatever you do don't put the whole egg in shell in the microwave - as one of the girls at work discovered in the tea room eggs will explode and cause plenty of mess and red faces
    -

One of the girls I work with did this. She put 2 whole eggs in a bowl of water, put it in the microwave for 5 minutes and walked away. The explosion was deafening. People heard it all over the building. It blew the microwave door open and the glass plate inside (the one that turns as it's cooking) was laying halfway out. Egg EVERYWHERE.
    I microwave my eggs at work everyday. They aren't as good as using a frying pan, but still pretty good.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    -

One of the girls I work with did this. She put 2 whole eggs in a bowl of water, put it in the microwave for 5 minutes and walked away. The explosion was deafening. People heard it all over the building. It blew the microwave door open and the glass plate inside (the one that turns as it's cooking) was laying halfway out. Egg EVERYWHERE.
    I microwave my eggs at work everyday. They aren't as good as using a frying pan, but still pretty good.

I don't understand who assumes this would be okay...or is a thing to do.
  • tiffany82manross
    Options
    Eggs in water????
  • COLTMUSCLE97
    COLTMUSCLE97 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    one egg for 80 seconds :D
  • butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Yep, I spray a coffee cup with olive oil. And an egg, mushrooms, turkey crumbles , green pepper and nuke for 1 1/2 min. Put a little cheese on top and that is what I call " breakfast in a cup "
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I make them in the microwave all the time. Usually I just put them in a coffee mug, add a little salt and pepper or dill and beat them, then nuke for about a minute and 30 seconds on power level 8. They come out perfectly. You need to adjust time & power based on how powerful your microwave is.

I also occasionally make cheese omelettes in this... http://www.amazon.com/Prepworks-Progressive-International-GMMC-70-Microwavable/dp/B0000CFPPD

They come out perfectly...no oil or non-stick spray needed.
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Yep, I spray a coffee cup with olive oil. And an egg, mushrooms, turkey crumbles , green pepper and nuke for 1 1/2 min. Put a little cheese on top and that is what I call " breakfast in a cup "
    I knew it somehow could be done without buying an expensive special cooker thing. Thanx for posting this!
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    -

She's a little bit ditzy. She was super embarrassed!! We were all quite shocked by it.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    -

She's a little bit ditzy. She was super embarrassed!! We were all quite shocked by it.
    Why are you telling everyone what I did? :disappointed: